• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Auburn California - "Thunder in the Sky"

Mustanger

miller511 said:
All,

Sorry if this is old news but...

The tri-tip cut of meat seems to be a popular Northern California thing...not sure how regional it is.
My girlfriend's family is from the Pacific Northwest and they had never heard of it until we had it at my place.

A really great way to prepare it is to marinate it for two days in Chaka's MMM Sauce ( I think this is a local thing, too) http://www.chaka.com Absolutely the best on the BBQ for 40 minutes..turning it over every 10 minutes.

-Jeff

Tri-tip is also known here in So Cal and probably also in Arizona (I have some family there) ... whether it's served in BBQ places, fast food sandwiches, even Costco sells it ...

Mustanglvr

hookedtrout said:
Sure, "It's what's for dinner"

No, I think its a midwest thing. Its basically a hot beef sandwich topped with mashed potatos and gravy. They`re dee-lish!

hookedtrout

Mustanglvr said:
No, I think its a midwest thing. Its basically a hot beef sandwich topped with mashed potatos and gravy. They`re dee-lish!

Sounds dee-lish to me!! Meat and taters kind of guy for sure.

Cory

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
I think next time I'll take pictures of Tri-Tips instead of CSs. Would've been more fitting of this thread~~~~~~~~~

:icon_blah :icon_blah :icon_blah Waaaaaa :cry: :wink:

We all are pretty good at highjacking threads are`nt we? LOL

Seriously, sorry about that Tim.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

OK - Here's what we'll do...

Mustanglvr said:
:

We all are pretty good at highjacking threads are`nt we? LOL

Seriously, sorry about that Tim.

Part of Mike's "mighty menu" (see BBQ thread) includes tri-tips. I'll photograph the tri-tips & post them here and pictures of the 20 or so CSs at Mikes will be posted on his thread. Deal??? ;-)

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
Part of Mike's "mighty menu" (see BBQ thread) includes tri-tips. I'll photograph the tri-tips & post them here and pictures of the 20 or so CSs at Mikes will be posted on his thread. Deal??? ;-)

That would be sooo nice of you Tim, deal. Thank you :smile:

Oh yeah, very nice pictures Tim!

Last edited: