• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Devastating fire near Auburn, Ca

PonyGal

There is a devastating fire burning right now near Auburn, Ca. The reports say that at lease 40-50 houses have burned as well as several commercial businesses. That is about halfway between were I live and Tim (Midnight Special) lives. As I was watching the news reports, the local TV news interviewed a guy who told them that his house was a complete loss, and he that also lost his kid's inheritance... A cherry 1964 Mustang. One of the first to come off the lines with Carroll Shelby's autograph :sad:

Here are a couple of pictures off the KCRA.Com website...

Attachments

• Auburn fire 1.jpg
    Auburn fire 1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Auburn fire 2.jpg
    Auburn fire 2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 31
  • Auburn fire 3.jpg
    Auburn fire 3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Midnight Special

Indeed Renee,
TJ and I were outside working on Stangs when the sky suddenly grew dark haze and began raining ash. S2T and P3 Air tankers began a steady stream overhead as well as the Boeing 747 Super Tanker which hovered at 10,000 feet, but did not drop due to population. As you say, 50+ homes and some businesses near the Auburn airport are gone. Delta breezes and older homes with shake roofing were the usual deadly combination.

Very sad indeed!...

Mustanglvr

Gee, it seems we hear California is always burning. I hope you guys stay safe and out of harms way. I always worry about you all out there.

hookedtrout

Should I anticipate any travel issues or hotel accomodation problems due to the fires?

Cory

hookedtrout

Not unless we have another Cory. Most are in southern Cal. I'm more worried about Marion "CALIFGirl" right now. She's near Acton, I believe...

The Auburn fire is contained for the moment.

Keep me updated if you see any issues.

Thanks, Cory

somethingspecial

Not unless we have another Cory. Most are in southern Cal. I'm more worried about Marion "CALIFGirl" right now. She's near Acton, I believe...

Marion is doing fine, I saw her a great deal this weekend. Her station was put on full alert and all days off cancelled. She had to leave the car show early which was a bummer as she won a first award. Mike

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, being from California I have seen lots of fires, esp. durning the months of Sept - Oct. I was flying back to CA from NH in Oct of 07 when the Southern CA firestorm. I could see the plumes of smoke from all of the fires.