• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Aluminum Radiator and Electric Fan Pictures

davidathans

Just got my new Griffin Aluminum Radiator and SPAL Electric Fan for my GTCS!

Attachments

• Radiator_with_fan.jpg
    Radiator_with_fan.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 14

meadowsdk28

David,
Can you give me a sitrep on how you like it now that it's installed and you've had a chance to run it under normal street conditions and....I'm assuming just because it's you, David...under extreme acceleration and adverse conditions? Just curious. I would probably trade a bit of originality just to protect an investment made in engine components, you know?

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

These were purchased from Mustangs Plus. I got on their website and then called a tech rep and made sure i was getting the right parts.

Now that i have them installed on the car...

The cooling is amazing. Nice and cool in the hot sun in traffic doesnt go above 190.

I just got a brand new trans, so i havent really got on it yet, so i cant really say how it does under extreme acceleration but i assume that its going to be more than fine. The radiator cost me 544.95 and the fan cost about 250.

Mosesatm

Is the advantage of an aluminum radiator its light weight or its heat disipation abilities or both?

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1957;start=0#msg13217 date=1123272877]
Is the advantage of an aluminum radiator its light weight or its heat disipation abilities or both?
[/quote]

Arlie;
An aluminum radiator serves for both purposes. It's lightweight and helps with heat disipation.

Don ;)