• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

aemoo28, RN

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I found one, actually. I just don't know where El Segundo is... uhh...

Who wants to '68 GT/CS parade north up 101 California/Oregon/Wa with me in late August?

DeadStang

I passed my nursing boards--- now where's my CAR??

:icon_ecst :icon_ecst :icon_ecst :icon_ecst :icon_ecst :icon_ecst

I saw your new CS at the Round Up, but didn't get to meet you. Congrats on passing your test! What exactly are you looking for...? And what's your budget?

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Looked for the Gulfstream Aqua blue Mach 1!

I saw your new CS at the Round Up, but didn't get to meet you. Congrats on passing your test! What exactly are you looking for...? And what's your budget?

I looked for you! Your Mach 1 was there somewhere, wasn't it?? Sorry I missed you! I had to leave the lot a few times to haul improperly placed GT/CS cars from incorrect lots and put them into my CalSpec lot!!

Did you happen to hear me shrieking when they announced the 2007 then 1968 GT/CS car's awards? The whole lot turned to see who the hoodling wild banchee was- it was the crazy wild Cali Girl in her GT/CS lot!

I found one... it's mecone's black on black... :grin:

Last edited:

DeadStang

The Gulfstream Mach is the husband's car. Driving it up from Oregon Thursday night, on Pony Trails Friday, and back home was the most miles we have EVER put on the car...it blew a head gasket shortly after we bought it in 2001, and--let's just say--there were a few "while you're at its" in replacing the head gasket!

We couldn't stay for the awards as the kid had had enough of doing the car show thing for the weekend. We left about 2:30pm. I was really surprised and flattered to have received a little President's Choice ribbon on my Mustang, tho! I don't know exactly WHY, since there were many more, nicer cars than mine, but I am still very pleased.

Here is his car at Leavenworth, and mine at the motel. You can't see it in these photos, but 5 spaces over from us was the Vintage Burgundy twin to my tiny little fastback. It was also a '65, but where I have the billet grill and hood scoop, his was stock and looked very sweet--wish he and I could've parked together at the show.

483pic3-med.jpg

483pic1-med.jpg

DeadStang

Who wants to '68 GT/CS parade north up 101 California/Oregon/Wa with me in late August?

El Segundo is a very, very long way away! When you hit Newport, on the Oregon coast on 101, head inland on Highway 20 (or 34 if you want the ultra scenic route) and stop and visit us. We're very near I-5. Better yet, if you're coming late August, come over and hook up with us and caravan to the big Grand National show they're having in Utah Labor Day weekend. I (we) am seriously considering driving my tiny little old Mustang over and would love someone to drive with!

HappyHour

"Left my wallet in El Segundo"...(name that group)

Its right near LAX....easy fly in, jump in the CS and rollout. Im actually doing that drive this week but taking the 101 coast instead of say the 405/5....and get off when I hit SF. :cool:

Plenty of peeps on the Forum to help along the way. You should definitely take your time and cruise the 101 or bomb up the 5.

Congrats in the cert!

Timmknz

You are a machine Amy!
(That is meant in a good way, thank you very much) Pass RN (wooHoo) manage a bunch of fellow fanatical GT/CS owners, and buy a black on black 68 (your dream car).
Take a little time on the drive home to unwind- do 101 stay at the beach and RELAX! T

Mustanger

I looked for you! Your Mach 1 was there somewhere, wasn't it?? Sorry I missed you! I had to leave the lot a few times to haul improperly placed GT/CS cars from incorrect lots and put them into my CalSpec lot!!

Did you happen to hear me shrieking when they announced the 2007 then 1968 GT/CS car's awards? The whole lot turned to see who the hoodling wild banchee was- it was the crazy wild Cali Girl in her GT/CS lot!

I found one... it's mecone's black on black... :grin:

Amy,

I'm happy to hear that you're considering one of Martin's cars that I've been helping promote for him:

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?p=55102#post55102

I hope that you like it (the black one) enough to buy it off of him ... I know if this car opportunity was available to me back when I was looking for one I would have most definitely would have picked this car up for myself ... Good Luck !!! :thumb: ...

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Thank you EVERYONE for your wonderful support!

Great pics, DeadStang, and you deserved the ribbon! I would've hooted for you but I didn't recognize your name. The car, yes, but I didn't know.

Deposit has been sent for the black '68. I'm more than a little excited.

I need to view my work schedule (new RN job!) and fly down when I have 4 days off in a row, and try to make it back home in 2 days... but of course if 3 would be better for the car... I'd LOVE to see my CS peeps on the way!! Meet me in a restaurant parking lot for lunch/dinner and drive with me a little bit!

nfrntau

My parents live in El Segundo, on the beach first city south of the LA airport. I grew up there

franklinair

Amy-
Double congrats for the passing your RN AND the Black/Black CS (my favorite combo). Consider the manuals a gift for your achievement & acquisition!! (There WILL be a quiz on all the info)

Neil

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Neil- the biggest test of all will be getting home in one piece without acquiring any speeding tickets and seeing as many CS peeps as I can along the way!!! Never received one of those speeding tickets; don't intend to start now. THANK YOU for the manuals!!

hotrodgrany

Congratulations, Way to, does this mean I nead to go to Washington to find a great nurse........... I have relatives that live in Washington and I use to live there, oh, so many years ago, in the Seattle area as my Dad work in the Boiens airplane Plant.

Diesel Donna

Best of luck to you Amy!!! Wow...a car too! It doesn't get much better than this huh? Have a FUN trip!

~~~~Donna

calspcl

Congratulations Amy!

Great news on two acounts, passing your tests and finding a black on black 68!

Thanks for all your help coordinating the round up for our specials. It was a great event

Dan.