• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. A Heartfelt Thank You to everyone!

P

PNewitt

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone in the "GT/CS Community" for their assistance with the book. It begins with the bits of research and knowledge from owners and supporters posted on these threads. There are many examples of "what color is this or that", or "how many CSs have this certain part", and/or where it's located on their CS. The effort to go out and look at something can involve taking something apart, which is not easy, I know, and greatly appreciated!

Others have gone to great lengths to look for something within this site, as well as out on the net. Having an extra sets of eyes to find things makes my research much easier--and it benefits everyone else, too.

There have been wonderful folks on these boards, and on my mailing list that have gone out of their way to find and mail me something to me to use or borrow for the book. This includes toy cars, documents, invoices, and certain back issues of magazines and books. One person had the color version of the large GT/CS newspaper ad that I was able to photograph!

The pre-orders for the book has helped me in so many ways, and it's what helped the book's realization. There are also a couple of wonderful folks that have helped financially, which has been more help than you would ever know for the required licensing and insurance.

The registrations, photo CDs, and (now over 300) Marti Reports sent to the GT/CS Registry have allowed me to draw production changes and trends in how the car was assembled and marketed. It's an intense bit of Mustang History, thanks to all of you!

So--I'm presently accumulating all these parts to put the book together. It's difficult, but a labor of love. What I appreciate the most is how you have provided me with an opportunity to make some income by doing what I like. That is very meaningful to me, to show how I can return your support and enthusiasm. I feel very, very lucky to have this opportunity provided by you.

What means the most to me is the friendships I've developed over the years. Although the Registry has been about "cars", it's about people, too. Snce 1985, I've learned about their lives, and their love for the GT/CS. From where I sit, that is a very powerful feeling to be at the center of this enthusiasm. It fuels me to do a much, much better book that we all can be proud of.

I think of this book as "our" book, in how we've come together to help. I truly appreciate every part that has been provided to me, and for the support, wonderful notes of encouragement, and respect.

As a side personal note, my mother--at 84, who, in her retirement is battling a relapse of cancer. She has, for many years, filed the registrations, and can recall just about anyone and where they live off the top of her head--more than I can!! This will be a race for the book's production and her quality of life as I care for her at the same time. I've relayed all your best wishes and good thoughts to her, which means so very much.

Thank you all so much for everything!!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

miller511

Paul,

Prayers go out to you and your Mom.

Let me know if you need anything. I'm nearby.

-Jeff

Mustanglvr

Paul, you and your mother are in my prayers. Let me know if I can help in any way.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'm headed down two tough roads at the same time, and your support here means everything.

I remember in 1985 driving my mom to a HS reunion in Washington St., (in my CS), and she took notes in the car as I thought of things to say for the original CS Book. The inspiration for the book on that trip was seeing the "You are Leaving California" sign at the Oregon border....

My parents bought my CS in 1974 for me--for $1,500.

Thanks again...I will pass your kind words to my mother.

Paul.

sam

Paul, prayers from New Hampshire go to you and your mother at this difficult time. You sound like a good son, and are to be commended for your hard work.

Sam

@Holmes

Paul I have a 1968 Sun Electric Co. tune up chart, Form No. 690-680-028 for the 302. PM and let me know if you would like a pic or the orig doc. Huggs and kisses to our CS mom.

OUR P51

Paul,

You and your Mom are on my Prayer List.

I know what you are going through, been there, done that with my Dad.

Time with your Mom gets more precious day by day.

I am perfectly OK with you putting the book aside to take care of your Mom.

At the same time I understand that you want to show the book to your Mom.

Thanks for sharing with us your adventures with writing the book with your Mom's help and contributions. She has a great memory and memories!

Please tell her "Thank you very much for everything you have done to help Paul work on this marvelous book!"

God bless you both,

case12

Hello Everyone,

Paul called me today to let me know his mom is now in the hospital, and that he may not be on this site for a while. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Casey

Bob G

My prayerare with your mother & you .

Paul.

I am sorry , I had no idea your mother was in poor health. I losted my father and mother early on. I am know 53 and battling many health related problems and trying to keep my head above water in this bad ecomony.

It is people like you and this forum that keep me going and not having to think about the doctor visits and the bills I owe that each day I wonder how I am going to pay.

I miss my father and mother each day, that I have a decision to make and pray they and God will help me make the wise decisions I can not ask them to make for me.

My prayers are with your mother and you.
May god bless the both of you each and every day.

Sincerely
Bob & Sharon Geco

clubpro

I spoke to Paul on Friday night and his mom is out of the hospital and is staying with some friends who graciously offered their home for as long as she needs it. Paul is staying at his mom's apartment and trying to take care of her personal things. Hospice has started their visits to Paul's mom and the doctors say that she only has a couple of months at best. He really appreciates your thoughts, prayers and all of the support you have given him. Speaking from experience it is not fun dealing with a parent's final wishes, planning their burial and realizing that you will not have them around much longer.

I know that many of you have concerns about the completion of the book, but let me reassure you that this book will be worth your wait and right now Paul has more important things to deal with. He is still working on the book, but it has taken second place on his priority list. Thanks for being such a great family! Paul and I were talking about how special the CS family was compared to the other car clubs or groups. We have a unique group of people as well as the cars.

Cheers,

Ron

obwan93001

Thank you for the update Ron...

I just popped in to do some more catching up on things and to see if there was any news on Paul's mom. I'm glad to hear she's out of the hospital and with Paul and staying w/very gracious friends. At the same time I am very sad to hear the doctors have not given her much longer to live. My thoughts and prayers are with them. I am fortunate enough to still have both of my parents but as they get closer to 80 the thought of losing them always crosses my mind.

I don't get on here for too long and too often these days due to work and other things going on but yes, I wholeheartedly agree that we have a very unique family here and am very glad to be a part of it however small and insignificant my role may be.

Best of luck to you and your Mom Paul. I hope God helps you to reach completion of your great book soon so that your Mom can see it but we all understand you're putting it aside to help her in this difficult time. Take care of yourself and understand we are all here for you my friend.

God bless.

Oscar
obwan93001

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hello Everyone..

I am so touched by the good thoughts and support from my Mustang family.

I will have more to say very soon--since tonight is the first time I've seen the internet in about two weeks.

I am mentally exhausted from the stress of this sad experience. I feel so honored--as well as my mom by all of your support. Last night, I was able to borrow my friend's laptop and show her my getting the Iacocca award on You Tube. She was so proud of me.

I will post more very soon, and again, my heartfelt thanks to all of you.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I appreciate all your help, and support.

I would like everyone to know that I'm very mindful of the book's progress, and once this family situation is cared for, that I'll be right back on finishing the book. It is a top priority.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Paul.

68 special

Paul, Our prayers are with you. The book will get done when it gets done. We are not going anywhere. Mom comes first. Take care of her wishes first.

Bret

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I appreciate your patience, Bret.

If anyone feels that the wait is too long, and they've pre-paid, I'd offer a refund ASAP.

Sorry to everyone about the delay.

Again, my thanks to everyone for understanding and for your prayers.

I will most likely get a letter out to everyone who ordered, explaining the situation, and a better completion date.

Paul.