• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale '68 GT/CS Quasi-Project

Doug

Ford did not build there cars in a excact numerical sequence. There were three assembly plants and as the orders came in the VIN # was assigned to the plant where it would be built. Cars 01 and 02 were not necessarly built one after another. All we know for sure is the actual manfacture date on the Marti report. Marty
Marty - I think I understand - so it's possible to have car numbers bounce at around 3 different plants.

Marty - I think I understand - so it's possible to have car numbers bounce at around 3 different plants.

So if car #1 was built in San Jose car #02 could be built in a completely plant and #3 at another. Now this makes perfect sense and explains why the large variance in number sequence.

Thanks - Doug (not very bright)

Midnight Special

Ford did not build there cars in a excact numerical sequence. There were three assembly plants and as the orders came in the VIN # was assigned to the plant where it would be built. Cars 01 and 02 were not necessarly built one after another. All we know for sure is the actual manfacture date on the Marti report. Marty

...Makes total sense. Serial number assigned after order being the true conception... Thanks for the reminder Marty.