• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 GT/CS Information Card

Mosesatm

Now that life is more or less back to normal (a few of you understand) I am back at work on the computer and the scanner so if anyone wants a card like this with your car on it I will be happy to help you in that effort. (Wow, what an awful sentence; where is the grammar queen when I need her?!!!)

I can send you the Photoshop file or a .jpg so you can do your own thing or I can make the corrections for you if you wish.

The Photoshop file is much easier to work with because it is layered but the file is huge so I will need to send it on a disk, unless you want to mail me a flash card. The .jpg file will work but it won't be much fun to manipulate and those of you who are not familiar with photo-editing may want to take the easy route and e-mail a couple good photos of your car to me so I can make the changes and e-mail the customized card back to you.

If you want different wording on the card I can do that, too, but keep in mind that the space is limited. What you see on that attached card is just about the limit.

If you are interested please PM me.

Arlie

Attachments

• 68 GTCS Information Card Small.jpg
    68 GTCS Information Card Small.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

...Very nice presentation Arlie!

Thanks Tim.

I decided to make the cards more-or-less as a cynical joke due to my anti-social nature but I'm actually amazed at how many I've given to people in the past couple weeks.

Last weekend I gave one to the passenger in a car next to me so he would stop trying ask questions as we drove down the road side-by-side. The driver was getting a little to close, if you know what I mean. Of course, trying to hand him the card in that situation wasn't exactly a calming experience!

I print 3 per page on normal 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper so the cards end up being closer to 4x6 than 3x5. The larger size makes them easier for baby-boomers with short arms to read.:wink:

HappyHour

I decided to make the cards more-or-less as a cynical joke due to my anti-social nature...

:

Surely you jest? :wink:
I like em...only question is my car isnt too cherry...can I have ClubPros printed on mine? LOL! :grin:

PM sent...

Last edited:

Midnight Special

...Yesterday, I met yet another late-model GT/CS owner who never knew they were produced in '68. I saw him and his wife pull up in their black/ charcoal-striped 07, do a complete walk around mine, then wait until we finished in the cafe while taking cell-photos... How I wish I had a set of your cards Arlie! We may have made it home before dark ;-)

They love their car and were blown away upon learning of it's heritage :)

joedls

Midnight Special;54349How I wish I had a set of your cards Arlie! We may have made it home before dark ;-) They love their car and were blown away upon learning of it's heritage :-)[/quote said:
But isn't this why you love driving your cars? As cool as I think my '07 is, it has never received the kind of attention that my 68 got or that my 65 convertible gets now. :wink:

Midnight Special

But isn't this why you love driving your cars? As cool as I think my '07 is, it has never received the kind of attention that my 68 got or that my 65 convertible gets now. :wink:

...Indeed! I bring one (or a Mach One) to work every day ;-)

After we compared stories in the parking lot (about 45 mins) we exchanged contact info for a future get together & possible cruise/ car swap...

Nice folks!
Great fun!!

Midnight Special

Thanks Robert ;-)

....Naw, I was just going to keep Arlie's car on there. 'Need to have him sign his name at the bottom. Believe it or not - I don't go around telling everyone all I have, rather we just discuss whatever I happen to be driving as tho it's the only one. The info card is as designed; to give someone history they can take home & research further later... Arlie's pics do the job just fine :))