• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

428 CJ on Ebay (not GT/CS)

Mosesatm

Here is a great example of someone with no idea what he has. The car in question is a 68 1/2 428CJ and in fairly good shape. Might be the steal of a lifetime for someone.

Just goes to show that there are still some Mustang ignorant people out there so the perfect Mustang "coupe" (GT/CS) is still out there just waiting to be given away at an insanely cheap price!

1fb1gtcs

Great looking project! I just wonder how someone could let a 428 CJ rot away like that. Is it me or does it look like it was burned on the top or was it just sanded down and left outside? ???

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

As with most CJs the original motor was most likely replaced years ago, probably with a 351.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Someone must have told the seller what it is. The title now says, "Cobra Jet" and the bidding is over $9,000. So much for the bargain of a lifetime.

Mustanglvr

It says the seller ended the listing early because of an error in the listing. Rhonda

jk89cat

[quote author=1fb1gtcs link=board=3;threadid=1646;start=0#msg10095 date=1115245117]
Great looking project! I just wonder how someone could let a 428 CJ rot away like that. Is it me or does it look like it was burned on the top or was it just sanded down and left outside? ???
[/quote]
you should see my cousins 69 mach1 s code car . the front fenders are the only thing not rotted to oblivion

coloradoHCS

I had been following this auction and was waiting to see where the bidding went (you know, laying in the bushes until the last few seconds...just kidding). When it was pulled from E-Bay I wrote to the seller asking why he stopped the auction.

He told me he pulled it because he did not know how rare it was when he listed it. He now has the Marti report ordered and will relist it once the car is documented as a Cobra Jet. He said he knows little about Mustangs and just bought the car, probably for peanuts based on the original auction.

He will not sell it directly to anyone. He said it will be back up for auction. I think he wants to retire on this one sale. Mark.

GTCSMustang

I was watching this auction closely too. Has anyone seen one of these cars sell lately? I have a 1968 1/2 CJ fastback and am curious what the market is on these. I can't find any that have actually sold that are in descent condition...except for mine when I bought it.

Scott

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I think Forristall's has one for sale but asking price and selling price are rarely the same. The site should be www.forristalls.com. There is also a website dedicated to these cars. It might be good for some useful information.

case12

I am somewhat ashamed to say I had one of those "footie" gas pedals on my car in the 70's - at least it was a Mopar.

This car looks like it could use a valve job.

Casey

390cs68rcode

028.gif

coloradoHCS

$10,300 with 2 days left. Is that about tops for this car? After looking at the pictures it seems very rough. Without proof of a numbers matching engine.....what do you guys think? Would this car bring over $40,000 restored? Besides the gas pedal did you notice it is a 3 speed? How odd is that?

Mark.