• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th at Carlisle...

BroadwayBlue

In another thread I mentioned that I contacted Carlise to find out some info on the All Ford Weekend in 2008 and to see if they had any plans for the 40th Anniversary of the CS and HCS.

I thought this might be a good meeting spot for East Coast and Canada (and other areas) for those that can't make the trip to the West Coast for a 40th Anniversary gathering. Hopefully some people can do both!

I was about to drop them another note today since I hadn't heard from them but I got an email in my inbox today in response to my original questions.

Here is an excerpt from the reply I recieved...

Thanks for writing and sharing information regarding the GT/CS Mustangs, and for your interest in the 2008 edition of the All-Ford Nationals! We are currently reviewing a variety of information to determine the focus of our show. Keep checking our web site for updates as we begin to tie things together.

We have a planning session scheduled in the next few weeks and we will be discussing things such as this. So, your timing is good. Thanks!

We would be very happy to entertain these special cars and their owners, whether they are a feature vehicle or not. So, start making plans to attend the All-Ford Nationals, June 6-8, 2008.

We’ll chat more as things come together.

So maybe something will come of this. Let's hope so.

On that note ... how many people think they would attend the All Ford Nationals June 6-8, 2008?
I'd be curious to get some preliminary numbers and have them available.

It's held in Carlisle, PA. For those not familiar with it here is the website http://carsatcarlisle.com

It's located in South Central Pennsylvania.
>> From Pittsburgh. Approximately 188 miles
>> From Washington, DC. Approximately 130 miles
>> From Baltimore. Approximately 93 miles
>> From Philadelphia. Approximately 122 miles
>> From New York. Approximately 189 miles
>> From Cincinatti. Approximately 456 miles
>> From Boston. Approximately 400 miles
>> From Montreal. Approximately 893 km or 554 miles
>> From Toronto. Approximately 700 km or 435 miles

I know a few people from the site have gone and can probably give some good insight on the event. I haven't made it out there yet but was planning to go in 08 whether or not they did something for the anniversary.

We'll see what happens as we move forward.

Just a side note, I understand hotel rooms fill up quickly so plan in advance.
It's not far from Hershey, PA either where the AACA Museum is and Hersheypark of course.

Last edited:

6t8-390gt

The Carlisle All Ford Nationals is a great show to attend. Since they started I have not missed one yet. My cousin and I have attended every year. Carlisle Events has a forum similar to this so you can register ans post your remarks, I know the Event Coordinator monitors the forum.

I too have been in contact with them regarding a Cobra Jet Reunion for the 2008 theme and it has stirred quite a bit of interest. Fall Carlisle starts tomarrow, so don't expect alot of response from them for the rest of the week. Carlisle Events often has multiple gathering within the whole show. The 2007 show highlighted 40 years of the Cougar.

case12

If we can coordinate a few (or one) GT/CS 40th anniversary shows (west coast, east coast - any), I would like to schedule my vacation around as many of them as possible. Casey

6t8-390gt

I know Carlisle puts all the 67-68 Mustangs together in the Fun Field (I think that is what they call it) so that would not be a problem with the vintage cars. I also know the late model Mach 1 guys are always together and the Yellow Mustang Club, so getting all the cars parked together both vintage and late model should not be a problem. To have Carlisle promote it as a theme is another question.

1968 was a big year for the Mustang and Ford has capitalized on it a couple times. It will be the 40th anniversary for the Cobra Jet, California Special, and the Bullett

6t8-390gt

Rick Markko at Carlisle Events asked if I could get some high resolution photos of Cobra Jet equipped cars and forward them to him. If you own a Cobra Jet send me some photos and I will forward them to Rick.

dkjsz@verizon.net

Danny

hicountrybob

Rick Markko at Carlisle Events asked if I could get some high resolution photos of Cobra Jet equipped cars and forward them to him. If you own a Cobra Jet send me some photos and I will forward them to Rick.

dkjsz@verizon.net

Danny

Danny, I can send you some pics. of my CJ High Country but they would be regular "hard" photos that you or them can do what you have to do to make them work. I'll mail them to if you wish. email or call me. Bob Teets here.

C160223

It's located in South Central Pennsylvania.
>> From Pittsburgh. Approximately 188 miles
>> From Washington, DC. Approximately 130 miles
>> From Baltimore. Approximately 93 miles
>> From New York. Approximately 189 miles
>> From Cincinatti. Approximately 456 miles
>> From Boston. Approximately 400 miles
>> From Montreal. Approximately 893 km or 554 miles
>> From Toronto. Approximately 700 km or 435 miles

>> From Vancouver, BC Canada. Approximately 4,543 km or 2822 miles.. OUCH!

always wanted to attend Carlisle, maybe 2008 it the year to go...

wally05

I actually may be able to go. If I get this internship with the FBI I'm aiming for, I won't. But, if I don't... I'm there! :)

Korey

6t8-390gt

I talked with Rick Markko today, the Cobra Jet Reunion is a go for this years theme. Alot of interest on some other forums.

As for a California Special/HCS Reunion, I think they would entertain it. They usually, have one main theme and some smaller gatherings. I doesn't hurt to ask.

rdysart

Hello, this Rick in Va. It would be great if they would make these cars a feature in the 08 show at Carlisle. That's the kind of publicity we need and maybe get a article in a couple different mags. I would take my HCS and my Cal Special if they would make it feature. So you can count on 2 of my cars. OK folks have a great. Rick Dysart

deestix

I'm at Carlisle many times during the year (I live in NJ), but have never taken my '68 GT/CS X code there. It's definitely in my plans to do so in 2008 (probably just Saturday, weather permitting). Hope to see many other GT/CS's and HCS's there also.