• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ 2008 Super Pack

J.Bart

well after 8 months of waiting, the 2008 ford racing super pack (whipple supercharger) is finally available. ford racing has had my money since jan 08. it sounds like they have raised their prices substantially. i'm waiting to hear what they are going to do for me, and i don't have high hopes. friday sept 19 i call up ford racing to get my money back and tell them i want interest on my money, and the guy says they are available as of thur. sept. 18.
for those who care, after 8 months, i thought i would let you know.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

it sounds like they have raised the price of the 08's $1000.00 but i'm stilll waiting to hear. i haven't heard anything all week.
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN FORD RACING!
i'm thinking of getting my money back and putting it on my car.

albegtcs

Why a ford racing blower? why not a Roushcharger. I think Roush even has a better warrenty then the ford racing parts and produces 45 more HP

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

Why a ford racing blower? why not a Roushcharger. I think Roush even has a better warrenty then the ford racing parts and produces 45 more HP

roush does have a better warrenty on the 400 -427 horse kit, but what i am told by whipple , whipple has more horsepower and better efficiancy than roush. roush used the factory airbox, whipple redesigned the airbox for better flow and more horsepower,( this has been part of the hold up). the main reason is that i wanted to stay with ford licensed and recognised equipment: ie ford racing, and i didn't want to mix brands. when you open a mustang brochure, you see ford racing equipment, not roush. i did check recently with roush, previously they didn't have a 500 hp kit. now they have a bigger kit but you have to go to a seperate vender for the programming. if i knew that it was going to take this long i may have have went a different route.

albegtcs

I will be interested to see your selection of blowers, Please let use know your impressions after you have it installed. I am leaning twords a roushcharger. it seems as time goes by the horsepower rating of there blowers goes up. They also seem to do some engineering work with ford. i belive the current blower for the 2007-09 with 445 hp has a three year warranty,

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

well i'm finally fed up with ford racing. i called the better business bureau in michigan. when i started this mess the had 3 yr/36000 ilme warrenty on their 400 hp kit. i paid for that and when they dropped it to 1yr /12000 i decided to go with the 500hp kit. all this waiting and now the kits have been out for almost 2 weeks and they still haven't got back with me. i am embarrassed to have the ford racing logo on my car. they sure make it easy for their competitors to out sell them.

jeffvistagtcs

Ford Racing

Has this happened to others on the site? I have not heard of anyone having trouble with ford Racing. I know when I ordered my 2008 a year ago, the warrenty on the blower was 1 year/ 12,000 miles, not 3/36 as you stated. Did you call Ford Racing and:thumb: ask about when the kits were going to be shipped? Just cause they have been "out" for 2 weeks doesn't mean they have shipped all their orders from a year ago......Just give them a chance before you "throw them under the bus".

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

they have allready been shipping them, they had the 3/36 on their web site, but it was for only a short time, they pulled it off and told me it was an errror. whipple has been shipping a 48 state leagal kit for about a month.
my patence for ford racing has come to an end, they just don't take care of their customers in my opinion. it took them a week to tell whipple about one problem they had. about three weeks ago i was told by ford racing quote: we don't know when the kits will be available or even if they will be available.
they just don't care if you buy parts from them or not!! two weeks since the kits have supposably been available and they can't figure out what they can do for me. it is extremely bad customer service! i made loans and puchases in the neighborhood of $50,000.00 based on ford racing and their parts, i wanted the full high performance gt/cs, i can't refinance my car! i got all the money i needed based on what ford racing told me! and now "after i have paid them" they raise their prices! it is not the way to do business!

hookedtrout

Jeff, do you work for Ford? Not asking in a negative way based on your defense of Ford, I have been a Ford guy forever with no intention on changing just curious if you do or if you are just defending because you are a die hard Ford guy?

Cory

Has this happened to others on the site? I have not heard of anyone having trouble with ford Racing. I know when I ordered my 2008 a year ago, the warrenty on the blower was 1 year/ 12,000 miles, not 3/36 as you stated. Did you call Ford Racing and:thumb: ask about when the kits were going to be shipped? Just cause they have been "out" for 2 weeks doesn't mean they have shipped all their orders from a year ago......Just give them a chance before you "throw them under the bus".

jeffvistagtcs

Jeff, do you work for Ford? Not asking in a negative way based on your defense of Ford, I have been a Ford guy forever with no intention on changing just curious if you do or if you are just defending because you are a die hard Ford guy?

Cory

Cory,

Yes, I do work for Ford. I am also a "Mustang Guy". I was a Mustang Guy even before I worked for Ford.:grin:

Jeff

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

well there's another week gone by and no word from ford racing. boy, i feel like they "reeaally" want my business. oh wait, they allready have my money!
i get it , they don't really care!!

albegtcs

You should of call the nearest Roush dealer, got the 3 yr warrenty on the roushcharger and been happy !

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

i did a couple of days ago and haven't heard back from them either. i guess i'll try them again

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

well finally some good news, my supercharger is supposed to be at the dealer tue the 28th. Marty at ford racing is the only guy there that seems to get anything done. i told him i was still waiting, then he personally coordinated everthing between the dealer, ford racing and whipple. ford racing raised the horsepower to 550hp. i hope i can handle the reigns on this wild pony. i'm trying to get the superpack on for the vegas bright lights city car show, its on nov 1st.
i need some recomendations on tires, i don't think those stock bfg's are going to cut it. it will be nice to have my car finished after 9 months. sorry to complain so much, but i thought building this car was going to be alot easier than this.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

here is a picture of my new 550 hp super pack

Attachments

• DSC03065.JPG
    DSC03065.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 24