• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2008 GT/CS

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Rhonda, you are talking about small Hummers but what if we flipped that around? What if BMW were to build a monster Mini? With 4WD and huge tires. I wouldn't buy one but there is probably a market for such a thing.

I've always wanted to see someone build a Mini hearse, or a PT Cruiser hearse. Maybe a GT/CS hearse???

Mustanglvr

A mini hearse? You mean for little people in little caskets? LOL
Rhonda

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1836;start=15#msg12128 date=1120103576]
Just wait until his wife finds out about him being a regular at Hooters. That'll probably be worth an upgrde from a Mini to a Hummer.
[/quote]

nice try, my wife goes to Hooters with me. Yes, my wife is one of the coolest around, no jealousy. ;D

Diesel Donna

<~~~~~~~Has her own Hooters.

I would let them use my car for publicity if I was there with it, or only in a showroom situation with stancions around it. Many years ago (maybe 1978) I saw a car identical to mine in a showroom ...I think it was Sunrise Ford in Westminster or Garden Grove, Ca.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Diesel Donna link=board=1;threadid=1836;start=15#msg13771 date=1124779955]
<~~~~~~~Has her own Hooters.

[/quote]

NOW, you have my attention! Could you be a little more specific? ;D

Diesel Donna

You guys kill me! Hahahaaaaa! Naaaawwwwww..I'm way too shy. Just had to mess with ya.

rvrtrash

You can send me a private picture and I PROMISE I won't post it here for everyone else to see. ;) ;)
Steve

Mustanglvr

::)Oh Gee, Donna you got them started again! Watch out, they are a lively bunch, especially when it comes to hooters and I don`t mean the restaurant, LOL.

;)Rhonda

Diesel Donna

LOL Rhonda!!! I have worked with all men all my life...got know how to train 'em!! ;D

RELAX MEN!

p51

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the website and a relatively new GT/CS owner. I diligently read these threads to try to pick up any tidbits (sp?) I can on the GT/CS from people that, clearly, know more about these cars than I do. But frankly, I can't make head or tail of this thread and have gotten lost with all the lingo, so, please pardon my confusion...
???

Anyway I looked all over my GT/CS and I finally found what I believe are the "hooters". They're under the hood just behind grille, right? A pair of them, correct? But they seem to be somewhat diminutive. Since I assume that their size equates to their effectiveness I'm a bit concerned. I would imagine that in tight situations where you have to react quickly hooters are important. I mean if they're too small you may get virtually no attention. On the other hand, if they're too big I would imagine that they could really surprise and distract someone potentially causing an accident. So, the question is how big should the hooters be? Any on-line sites where you can find better hooters?

Any advice would be appreciated. Just trying to learn... :)

Cheers!

nfrntau

P-51,
You are correct in your assumption.
There is no such thing as a bad set of hooters. The only exception I would think would be when you press the activation buttons and no sound comes from the vehicle. Of course when this happens some serious time must be spent investigating the cause of malfunction. In some cases operator error could be the culprit and should be investigated. Hooters very rarely wear out and generally some massaging and gentle cleaning will get them right back into working condition.
As far as size of the hooters is concerned, small ones although diminutive can be very attractive and add much to the vehicle in question. Extremely large hooters I would agree would not only weigh down the front of the vehicle but decrease the visual impact of the vehicle as a whole.
In my opinion the hooters on a vehicle should be in direct proportion to the other appendages that came with the vehicle.
I have found over the years that the volume coming from the vehicle is not directly proportioned to the size of the hooters.
Hope this helps answer your question.

Diesel Donna

What a HOOT!! My hooters were original equipment. Never had a problem with them. Proper maintenance is the key. Get those puppies checked once a year.
I really hate to have to buy reproductions if the time ever comes, they'll never be as good as the first set.
So take good care of them! However the value of any hooters, original or reproduction is always a plus with your ride! :eek: :-X

~~~~Donna

Mustanglvr

You guys are too funny!!! I wonder if the 2008 GT/CS will have Hooters? ;)
LMAO,Rhonda

p51

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1836;start=30#msg13849 date=1124920824]
I had Hooters for lunch today (my usual day is Tuesdays), I am a regular. ;)
[/quote]
Ok, based on most of the posts after my question I thought I was really starting to get a handle on this hooters thing until the last post (Hooters for lunch?). Very intriguing, but a bit of a head scratcher - hard to believe they would be very nutritional. Clearly I still have lots to learn...

On a side note, I was looking on the web and actually found an ad for a pair of hooters that were a Ford dealer addon option in 1968. They were Rotunda type (like that), European-styled, dual "air" hooters (the ad calls them "horns" but my guess is that's an archaic term).

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/showimg?airhrncv.jpg?750

Update... another head scratcher. My girlfriend comes in just now, asks me what I'm doing. I tell her I'm looking at hooters on the web, she hits me and storms out. Go figure. She's the one that told me to get a hobby... I seem to stay in a perpetual state of confusion. ...
???

nfrntau

[quote author=P51 link=board=1;threadid=1836;start=30#msg13857 date=1124951474]
[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1836;start=30#msg13849 date=1124920824]
I had Hooters for lunch today[/quote]
hard to believe they would be very nutritional.
[/quote]

Ask any Baby ..... Boomer on the nutritional value of Hooters. lol