• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007-08 GT/CS Registry?

aemoo28

Okay, I have to ask this: Will there be a registry for the 2007-08 GT/CS anniversary editions? I'd like to register my '08, but I only see the registry for the original '67 & '68 cars on this website. The VIN on my 2008 starts with
"1ZVHT". I'm also trying to find out exactly how many GT/CSs were produced for 2007 & 2008. I've heard the production on the '08 was reduced/limited to make way for the 2008 Bullits. Any insight on either subject?

Car of the Month-MustangsNW- Amy's 2008 GT/CS- check it out at:

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page10524.asp

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

"BTW--I've already said that I would extend the GT/CS Registry to these '07/'08 cars. Paul N."

Hooray! I just found this on a 2005 thread. Paul?

albegtcs

amoo28 thank you for that question ,I have a 2007 GT/CS coupe, When will the registry for the 2007/2008s be available ? Also does anyone know the production numbers for the 2007 GT/CS prodution run ? Is there a specific VIN code for the GT/CS option if so what is it ?

P

PNewitt

Yes, I AM extending the GT/CS Registry to any and all 2007 and 2008 GT/CS Mustangs! I have quite a few so far, but I want ALL of them!! LOL!!

If you don't have the "official" address, and/or you haven't received a mailer from me about the upcoming book (including LOTS of info on the late model CSs, with production data), here it is:

GT/CS Registry
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

Send me your VIN and data plate info...and photos, and any other interesting info. I like getting the photos on a photo CD.

thanks for asking!!

Paul N.

P

PNewitt

That BMC site is really, really cool! I should get over there and post sometime. One person thought that 5% of the '07's are GTs....that 5% is for the '68 version, not '07, where they all have to be GTs to begin with. Those photo collages are wonderful to look at!!

A BIG thanks to Hotrodgranny for posting my flier as .pdfs for the late model folks.

I have THE contact at Ford that did the CS project--and I'll be interviewing him for the book. I plan to list out all the GT/CS specific parts for hte late models, too. We'll include production numbers for both years (2008 has actually been better than '07 in sales), and by model, coupe and convertible.

I still have to wonder why there is a sub-group following of the black-on-black GT/CSs<??> Curious....

I also like the re-fitted white stripes on the CSs over there, too. The reason they only had black stripes, is because the way the graphic "dissipates" at the back, only works in black. Other colored stripes, on different body colors-- tested at Ford just didn't pull off the same effect--it looked blotchy.

"any color you want, as long as it's black", and Henry Ford said about the Model T....

Question: What do the late model folks think of the name: "CX-1" for hipo versions of the CS, modified by owners? Another thread here on this site explains the name...it's from Galpin Ford (circa 1968). Have any late model owners bought theirs from Galpin?

Someday, I'll own a redfire one. Maybe put gold stripes on it, and script.

Thanks!!

Paul N.

Z28ZL1

amoo28 thank you for that question ,I have a 2007 GT/CS coupe, When will the registry for the 2007/2008s be available ? Also does anyone know the production numbers for the 2007 GT/CS prodution run ? Is there a specific VIN code for the GT/CS option if so what is it ?

3,159 were produced according to the BMC site. Check my post above and go to the BMC Forums link that is posted. Then go down to the last post. Thats what they say.

Also found this link on our VINs http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?p=1045610
Can't find anything to indentify the CS option though.
Funny thing I noticed about the VINs is that my VIN starts with 1ZVHT instead of the links 1ZVFT. But still no code for CS option.

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

3,159 were produced according to the BMC site. Check my post above and go to the BMC Forums link that is posted. Then go down to the last post. Thats what they say.

Also found this link on our VINs http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?p=1045610
Can't find anything to indentify the CS option though.
Funny thing I noticed about the VINs is that my VIN starts with 1ZVHT instead of the links 1ZVFT. But still no code for CS option.

Note that it seems they even are questioning the number of 3,159 since that's less than one per dealer.

It sounds like Paul will have the numbers in the book.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Weeeeeeell when I bought mine in Oct '07 there was only 1 other (automatic) in this NW region, and it was black too. I am disappointed to not have my VIN # be recognized as a California Special, nor is my car recognized as its own class in my car club. It's "JUST A GT WITH a CALIFORNIA SPECIAL OPTION." (very offensive to hear this) Can you say "modified GT"?! I thought this was a collector's car?! I love my Cali anyway, but I'm mad that it isn't recognized as its own class, like the Bullit is...

BroadwayBlue

Don't feel bad the 68's rarely have their own class. Especially east of the Rio Grande :smile:

I did see a show near me last year that did a Special Edition class that specifically listed the new CS as part of that.

GTCS07

Hello all, new member here, nice site! I called ford 2 months ago looking for production figures, etc., and they said to call back after new years as they didn't have them yet. SVT didn't have any info at all. I had heard previously that 5% of '07 GT production was slated to become CSers, it seems about right. Closer to about 5-7,000 cars I would guess.

Greg

Okay, I have to ask this: Will there be a registry for the 2007-08 GT/CS anniversary editions? I'd like to register my '08, but I only see the registry for the original '67 & '68 cars on this website. The VIN on my 2008 starts with
"1ZVHT". I'm also trying to find out exactly how many GT/CSs were produced for 2007 & 2008. I've heard the production on the '08 was reduced/limited to make way for the 2008 Bullits. Any insight on either subject?

Car of the Month-MustangsNW- Amy's 2008 GT/CS- check it out at:

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page10524.asp

I do have a little bit of info. There is something called an Oasis report from Ford. It supposedly contains info that says the car was a CS-build. I can't find the line that it's on right this minute. Two other notable things I did find.
1) The global window feature is enabled. This supposedly was not available in 07.
2) The report states that I received an upgraded front and rear stabilizer bars.

(You can't upload MS doc files.:embarass:

PM if you want mine!

BroadwayBlue

Greg,
If you want you can email me the doc and I'll convert it to a pdf for you.

If you're running Office 2007 you can do it too by saving the file as a pdf under the Save As option.

Greg

Rich - I don't get a save as option for PDF and, I cant add an email attachement. Send me a PM, thx!

case12

As a note, you actually dont "save as" pdf. Normally you go to the "file print" option and it will offer you a list of your printer(s) or Adobe pdf. When you choose the pdf option, it then asks you where you want to save it - then you treat it as a normal file. So, pdf is ironically a "print" option, and not a "save" option to begin with. Maybe this helps? Casey

BroadwayBlue

As a note, you actually dont "save as" pdf. Normally you go to the "file print" option and it will offer you a list of your printer(s) or Adobe pdf. When you choose the pdf option, it then asks you where you want to save it - then you treat it as a normal file. So, pdf is ironically a "print" option, and not a "save" option to begin with. Maybe this helps? Casey

Hi Casey,
That is true if you're using the Adobe PDF software.
But MS-Word 2007 now offers an option to "Save As" a file type of pdf.

I had Adobe writer on my work computer but not at home.
Now with Word 2007 at home I have the option to save as a pdf.
I happened to stumble upon it one day.

I wasn't aware of it in prior versions of Word.
So with Adobe you can save ANY file as a pdf (jpg, doc, etc)
With Office 2007 you can only save an office doc (Word, Excel, etc). But what I've been doing is pasting a jpg into a Word doc to get around it. It's been working pretty good so far.

It's actually a pretty good deal because Adobe Writer is not cheap so this is a freebie with Office 07.
I don't usually need to delete or extract pages from pdf files (although it's helpful with something like the pdf catalog).
For creating pdf's it works great

Last edited: