• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Fabulous Fords Forever show - Who's going?

P

PNewitt

I've made arrangements to come down to the show, and do dinner on Sat night.

I'll help get all the cars parked together that morning. I'll be in my black GT/CS shirt, too.

If anyone (who has) can contact the people putting on the show--to let us park together-- please do, and let us know here ASAP.

I'll also have "a little something" freebie for everyone, too.

Paul N.

joedls

OK, so now I've got:

Donna +1
Hcsstang +1
Calif Girl +2
Paul Newitt
Bob Teets +2
Jon Hanna
Stan & Lisa Ring

Anyone else for dinner?

Also, how many cars will be at the show? I'll try to contact them about parking us all together once I know how many.

hicountrybob

joedls said:
OK, so now I've got:

Donna +1
Hcsstang +1
Calif Girl +2
Paul Newitt
Bob Teets +2
Jon Hanna
Stan & Lisa Ring

Anyone else for dinner?

Also, how many cars will be at the show? I'll try to contact them about parking us all together once I know how many.
I'll be showing a '68 HCS.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I know one of the guys that helps organize Fab Fords every year about getting us all parked together. He said they are under such a time crunch to get all those cars in that they can't hold spots open.

So basically the best way to park all together in the show is to arrive at the front gate all together.

joedls

I just called and made a reservation at the Claim Jumper. Unfortunately, they couldn't accomodate us at 7 PM. They only had 5 & 10 available for a party of 16, so I chose 5 PM. I hope this won't be a problem for anyone. If it is let me know and we can try to figure something else out.

They also let me know that the reservation was for 2 hours maximum and there will be a 17% gratuity added to our bill for a large party.

The reservation is under CaliforniaSpecial.com.

Diesel Donna

SoCal is suppose to get rain today but I have never seen the show get rained out. Let's hope it stays dry! Bring a pair of shorts anyhow!

tworings

Extended forecast calls for Partly Cloudy, High 65°F on Sunday. Weather has been changing fast here (calling for rain next three days) so keep your fingers crossed for Sunday.

GTCSMustang

I'll be at the show on Sunday, but not bringing my CS. Looking forward to meeting all of you. I'm bringing my restorer from Ohio so I can educate him on GT/CSs. He's working on a 1968.5 CJ convertible right now and it has a rear quarter that has been replaced with a CS quarter panel. You can see where they filled the hole for the scoop and "California Special" emblems. Thought that was kind of wierd. Wonder what happened to the rest of the car. Hey Jason, Maybe it's an original 1968.5 GT/CS cobra jet convertible? Now that would be RARE!!

Scott

390cs68rcode

sure would be rare!

you should try out the Dynacorn repro quarter panels. I have seen one on a car and they fit better than anything other than NOS. They are worth trying.

P

PNewitt

I'm so sorry to say, but I am unable to attend the show this year.

I know that I'll miss meeting all of you, but my projects here prevent me from making the trip south.

Have a good time!

Thanks, Paul N.

Joes68

Sorry to hear you won't be making it Paul. I was looking forward to meeting "The Man." I understand though. Looking forward to your new book.
Ron

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Ditto. It would have been good to meet you finally Paul, but I'm sure there will be another chance.