• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD 1968 California Special GT 390 C6

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpenter

NEW PRICE
This Candy Apple Red 1968 California Special GT, S-code, 390 ci, C-6 Automatic, is in overall excellent condition with 56,487 original miles.
No rust ever.
VIN #8RO1S156679
4,118 were produced. 1,343 with the 390 - C6 option. 144 with this paint/trim code.
Factory AC - PS - PB. Tinted Glass. Disc Brakes. Allways garaged.
Minor rear surface damage - but no chassis damage.

Last edited:

somethingspecial

Carpenter, Just curious where you heard only 54 S code, Auto cars produced. There were actually 104 S code 390GT, Automatic GT/CS cars produced. And 111 S code, 4 Speeds produced.

DeadStang

This Candy Apple Red 1968 California Special GT, S-code, 390 ci, C-6 Automatic, is in overall excellent condition with 56,487 original miles. No rust ever.
Only 4,325 were produced and only 54 made with the 390 - C6 option.
Factory AC - PS - PB. Tinted glass. Allways garaged.
Minor rear surface damage - but no chassis damage.
Please call Bob Herrmann in Bristol RI, 401-226-2239 or email bherrmann@paxtoncorp.com

Wow--looks like this could be a very good deal!

robert campbell

3rd photo. Bumper is a bit "away" from end cap. May not be anything, but a shot from the back would be nice.

Rob

franklinair

Observations:

Damage to rear- extent unknown
Interior- red OR black? (not both)
Wheels- incorrect
A/C car- Functional?
Marti report- available?
VIN- would help verify

Neil

nineofive

I spoke with Bob the other day and received a copy of the Marti via email with two photos of the rear end.
The Marti reports it as a true CS 390 4V GT AC - 3.00 gear DSO4940 red interior
The car was in a rear end collision a few years back but was never repaired.
Rear bumper damage, visible crinkles on DS rear QP (in front and behind the tire) with some buckling on the DS rear roof support (behind the side windows) - you can JUST SEE the damage in the 4th picture.
Seats were replaced as they were in rough shape.
I was / still am interested in the car but cannot make the finances work at this time with what appears to me to be a lot of repair work.
I will let Bob post the Marti and photos as I do not feel it is right doing it.
Greg

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Carpenter, Just curious where you heard only 54 S code, Auto cars produced. There were actually 104 S code 390GT, Automatic GT/CS cars produced. And 111 S code, 4 Speeds produced.

My mistake. Didn't have the Marti Report when I placed the ad. Have updated the information after getting the report. I am new to this so I am learning as I go along.

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Observations:

Damage to rear- extent unknown
Interior- red OR black? (not both) Black
Wheels- incorrect
A/C car- Functional? No
Marti report- available? Yes
VIN- would help verify See updated Ad.

Neil

Send your email to receive more pictures
A/C car- Functional? No
Marti report- available? Yes
VIN- would help verify See updated Ad.

somethingspecial

My mistake. Didn't have the Marti Report when I placed the ad. Have updated the information after getting the report. I am new to this so I am learning as I go along.

Carpenter, We are here to help. Just ask any question, and believe me, there is no dumb questions here. We were all new to this game at one time or another. We will help you out without question. (no pun intended)

franklinair

NICE. Well optioned, looks to be in very nice condition.
Minor problems: Fix rear end damage, correct upholstery color.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.