CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/24/2006, 09:22 AM   #1
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Hinge Pins

I picked up two sets of door hinge pins the other day and have been looking at tech articles on replacing them. They seem to indicate it's an easy replacement.
Have any of you replaced the hinge pins and if so are there any tips you can pass along?
Thanks in advance
Bill

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2006, 12:18 PM   #2
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Bill

I replaced mine. I used a hammer and punch with the hinges in a vise. The replacement pins I bought were alittle longer than needed, thus needed to cut some length off before reinstalling. As well, I required bushing on a couple of my hinges. Keep in mind that my doors were completely removed, hinges removed from the doors.

The only tip I can pass along is that the vise and replacement will scar the paint on the hinges. As well, make certain you take one pin out and replace as it is possible to put the pin in upside down. Look closely at the hinges before you replace the pin to determine if you need the bushings replaced as well.

Good luck.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2006, 06:55 PM   #3
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Thanks Paul,
The pins I bought each have two bushings with them. My hinges are not on the car yet and I thought it would be the time to do it before I mounted the doors. They are primer grey at the moment so a little scratch or two shouldn't be too big a deal.

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions