CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 02/03/2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Foulger Ford license plate frames

I have a pair of Foulger Ford license plate frames from the dealer in Arcadia-Monrovia, CA. if anybody wants them. Check your Marti reports to see if your car was sold there. They are metal and would look good after a little clean up.

~~~~Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

Just a bit of trivia about Foulger Ford. When our Mustangs were being sold (1968), Foulger Ford was located on Hunnington Drive in Monrovia. In the mid '80's, Foulger moved to Arcadia, right next to the Santa Anita Racetrack, hense the "Arcadia-Monrovia" location on the dealer frame. Foulger was well known for hi-performance Fords, and I can still recall a SOHC 427 engine on an engine stand in the showroom. Today, Foulger Ford is out of business, but the Arcadia showroom still stands. (PS: I was born and raised in Monrovia).

It is great of you to offer the frames, and I hope someone has a car from Foulger.

Russ

'66 GT 350, (2) GT/CS, '68 GT Coupe, '73 CJ Convertible, '05 GT, '07 Shelby GT, and some Model T Fords
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2006, 12:44 PM   #3
6t8-390gt

Donna,
It's great to see you offering the frames to a member here. I found the frame for my dealer here and Russ was kind enough to give it to me. Thanks Again Russ

Danny
6t8-390gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Russ, That's very interesting! My car was sold at Pearson Ford in San Diego and I sent an email to them but they have never responded. But now that Casey has made the GT/CS ones, I like that even better!

Danny...pay it forward right?

When I go back to western New York again this spring I am going to ask my cousin who owns a Ford dealership in NW Pennsylvania if she has any old memorabilia laying around. I would love to score some brochures and stuff.

~~~~Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
Old 02/03/2006, 02:49 PM   #5
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Here is a link to ebay of a bunch of old dealership license frames for sale right now. Many in CA. Look at the individual sellers AND the store sellers.

I have never found one for mine, Pasadena Motors, but would love to find one or any other memorabilia from there. I would hang it on the garage wall. Casey

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hip&category0=
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2006, 03:49 PM   #6
gt bandit
My Car Details

Down Under Thunder

Casey

Your frames arrived today , they look fantastic ----- thanks a bunch. I will paypal immediately

Shaun
gt bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2006, 05:59 PM   #7
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

[QUOTE=case12]

I have never found one for mine, Pasadena Motors, but would love to find one or any other memorabilia from there. I would hang it on the garage wall. Casey

Casey, I'll keep my eyes open for ya! I go to the Pomona and Long Beach car swap meets fairly often.

~~~~Donna

Old 02/03/2006, 08:36 PM   #8
case12

Donna, Thanks! I don't think Pasadena Motors has been around for a long time. I can't even find anything on them in Google. It would be great to find something. Thanks! Casey
Old 02/04/2006, 10:42 PM   #9
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by case12
Donna, Thanks! I don't think Pasadena Motors has been around for a long time. I can't even find anything on them in Google. It would be great to find something. Thanks! Casey

You betcha! I'll keep an eye out for 'em and carry a screw driver if need be.My sister lives near Pasadena....I could cruise the neighborhood for older cars...
I bought a truck years ago from Robert Loud Ford in Pasadena but that doesn't help you any. I think I threw away the frames anyhow. Oops.

~~~~Donna

Old 02/05/2006, 01:33 PM   #10
case12

Just a note - the address was Pasadena Motors, 101 S Arroyo Pkwy. I dont think there is anything there anymore. (Never been there....so dont know the area). Casey
Old 02/05/2006, 02:05 PM   #11
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Okay Casey...if I can get over there, I'll take a peek. It may be a couple of months though. Arroyo Pkwy has an off ramp from the freeway, so it will be easy enough to find that area.~~~~Donna

Old 02/05/2006, 08:34 PM   #12
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
Just a note - the address was Pasadena Motors, 101 S Arroyo Pkwy. I dont think there is anything there anymore. (Never been there....so dont know the area). Casey
Hey Casey,

I'll be in Pasadena next week. Want me to drive by this address?

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2006, 07:43 AM   #13
case12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls
Hey Casey,

I'll be in Pasadena next week. Want me to drive by this address?
I don't mean to send you out of your way. But if you are passing by, I just wondered what is there now. Hopefully I can get something from Pasadena Motors via eBay or someone seeing something at a swap meeting. I like the old memorabilia kind of stuff to go along with the car. I do have the original manual with their name and address rubber stamped in it. Thanks. Casey
Old 02/14/2006, 04:18 PM   #14
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
I don't mean to send you out of your way. But if you are passing by, I just wondered what is there now. Hopefully I can get something from Pasadena Motors via eBay or someone seeing something at a swap meeting. I like the old memorabilia kind of stuff to go along with the car. I do have the original manual with their name and address rubber stamped in it. Thanks. Casey
I went by there today. It's just a vacant lot, with other businesses around it. No dealership left there.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2006, 06:35 PM   #15
case12

Joe, Thanks so much! Oh well, another dealer no longer with us, footnoted in history. Casey

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions