• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Please Help: Tailight Wiring

CHRIS SMITH

THE BODY SHOP HAS CUT MY TAILIGHT WIRING AND I NEED HELP GETTING IT BACK WIRED CORRECTLY. AT THIS POINT I'M NOT CONCERNED WITH ORIGINAL. I WILL WIRE IT ANYWAY I CAN TO GET IT OUT AND GOING. THE CAR HAS GREEN/BLACK ON DRIVERS SIDE AND ORANGE/BLACK ON PASSENGER SIDE. THE 65 T-BIRD TAILIGHTS HAVE WHITE,GREEN,RED AND BLUE WIRES COMING OUT OF THEM. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS C.SMITH@GEOCOMFORT.COM THANK YOU

rvrtrash

OK, one more time and then I give up. You are missing the ground wire for your tail lights. It will never work without it. T-birds mount the tail light bucket in a metal panel and don't need a seperate ground but ours are mounted in fiberglass and you do need a seperate ground. For the other 4 wires, on the left side, connect the green car wire to the blue, white and red tail light wires. Connect the black car wire to the green tail light wire. Repeat on the right side only the orange wire goes to the blue, white and red. None of this will do you any good without the ground wire though. Please believe me and accept this as the truth. I don't know how to help you any more than I have.

Steve

P

PNewitt

I thought this thread looked familiar.

If Steve is good enough to help you out, I think you should pay close attention (the first time).

I also think that typing IN CAPS looks like you're yelling, and demanding help. I know that it must be frustrating to first have your wires cut (who at a body shop does that?), and then not knowing how to re-wire it--but don't take it out here with anyone willing to help you out.

The fine folks here offer help in the interest of comraderie--not to instantly satisy demands from the 'net on a whim. We're a community of sorts, by owning the same type of Mustang.

So--please keep this in mind, and you might get a lot more help by understanding, and, frankly, respecting how this group works.

Thanks You--Paul N.

GTCSMustang

I spoke with Chris on the phone after the first post for help (been a while ago). Nice guy. I have the plugs that plug into the t-bird wiring harness and suggested he buy taillights or wiring so that the whole thing plugged together, but he is looking for the "electrical tape" solution. Just something to get the car on the road. I have the plugs made for Shelby dynamite sticks that I sell. If anyone else need the plugs let me know.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00449.JPG
    DSC00449.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 11

PFSlim

Steve

You do a great job helping people on this site. You have a vast amount of knowledge and I for one very much appreciate your willingness to help everyone.

Once again, I am amazed at your knowledge!!

Paul

P

PNewitt

What Steve guy? Oh! THAT Steve guy....yes, well, he's "OK".... (LOL). He's an enormous help to a lot of folks, goes out of his way, patient, understanding, knowledgeable....etc...

Perhaps Chris is a "nice guy", and maybe I was harsh; as you know the writing style (or lack of) on the net leaves a lot to be desired (no inflections, etc.). I truly do hope he gets his lights fixed. It must be really aggrivating to have that problem. Enough to type all CAPS. EGADS!!

Perhaps someone can do a search here for my taillight wiring diagram that I did for someone else that was "freaking out".

I just wanted to make a point to others, mostly those that lurk, until thet need something--that all of us that participate on these boards, for the most part, are into sharing information, and conversation. I think that the art of conversation, and decorum in general has been lost in this age of text-messaging, and just plain lousy grammar, sentance structure, etc...but, I digress....

I once, long ago had a guy call me about his red CS, and he wanted a lot of free info and advice...then he said that he wanted to get it finished to sell to buy a Porsche. So, I just hung up. I really don't mean to make Chris the scapegoat here (not intended towards him), but once in a great while, we get a demanding question, or quick answer, which can seem like everything from patronizing to just indifferent, to make a quick buck to sell a car. Taking advantage of our good natured help, knowledge and advice, in a comraderie style, should not be "abused" to the quick gain of anyone. The intent should be to help others that actually love their GT/CS or HCS, and like the learning process, and to discover how truly unique this Mustang really is.

So-- with all my stern language out of the way.(LOL)...did Chris ever get what he needed? Hello? What happened?

Paul N.