• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford Motorsport upgrade

albegtcs

I have a question that I am sure the folks in this forum may have an answer to. I have a 2007 GTCS coupe with a five speed and 3.55 gears set. If I purchase the FR3 suspension package and the FR1 power upgrade with Cross pipe from Ford motorsports. I then have a ford dealership install these packages. Why is my warranty affected at all? These are the same upgrades Shelby does to the Mustang GT to make it a Shelby GT. The Shelby is covered by a Ford warranty.

jk89cat

they are covered but dont waste your money on the fr1, get the drag pack and have a girdle installed at the same time and the m-5230-5gt mufflers , youll be much happier.

OP
OP
A

albegtcs

Thank you for the response JK89cat. What type of horse power and torque increases would I see with the Drag pack and m-5230-5gt mufflers. would these also be covered by the warranty?

jk89cat

yes, the drag pack doesnt advertise horsepower, but its rates it a 2/10 's faster in the 1/4. the customers i have sold it to absoulty love how it transforms the car

CAL

Ah, the infamous warranty question. I've heard both sides (warrantied and not-warrantied, etc.) I've also heard....if memory serves...the "Magnason-Moss Warranty Act" invoked (http://www.jbaheaders.com/Mag_MossAct.asp) ..... that supposedly protects dealers from voiding your new-car warranty on FRPP (Ford Racing Performance Parts).

After a lot of research and lot of "direct person-to-person" contact with local "performance dealers." Well, it ain't pretty. I could go on for paragraph after paragraph on this. I'll try to summarize. After a call directly to Ford Racing Performance Parts (and if you see their website directly) here is the warranty on Power-Paks and other FRPPs right off their web:

2) Power Packages for the 2005-2007 Mustang GT
The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery
A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

No matter what it says, to my amazement, all Ford Dealerships close to me - when I wanted to install the FRPP Performance Pak - even with only 2000 miles on my vehicle - A) will not do it and B) will not warranty it-should I have someone else put on the Ford Racing Performance Package, etc. Amazing, given several of the dealerships I went to I noticed have "aftermarket" tuned vehicles sitting in their showrooms with Rousch Superchargers, Various FRPP and Rousch CAI's, Flowmaster Axle-backs on some packages and yes....Shelby GT vehicles (which have the exact same FRPP "Performance Pak" as standard equipment.)....After a lot of research, my advice, go speak in person to the service manager about your FRPP modifications prior to doing them..... I think you'll see ... unless this dealer allows you to order your "brand new" car with FRPPs on the vehicle...don't assume they are under warranty... When push comes to shove, you can quote Magnason-Moss Act, FRPP's website and anything you want, if the dealer says "not under warranty"...it will co$t$ you bigtime to take them on to get that decision reversed.

I'm waiting til' the warranty ends and then it's "aftermarket" CAI + Tune for me.

Happy motoring.

OP
OP
A

albegtcs

Thank you CAL, when I ordered my car I asked to have the FR1 and FR3 packages installed before delivery of the car. The service manager for the dealership would NOT install these parts and maintain the warranty. I called multiple Ford dealerships in the Cleveland area and was given the same response. They offered me a Shelby GT at a much higher cost, telling me this model has the parts installed already.

I also will wait till the warrenty ends and review the aftermarket selection of goodies. I am very happy with My GTCS. After reading the reviews on the shelby I am probably better off no one would install these packages

thank you again for your insight.

CAL

Your welcome. It is somewhat frustrating, isn't it? Ford Racing Performance Parts even sponsors racing events from time to time.....so if you were to take your Foose Mustang, or even better - Shelby GT and the FR1 and/or FR3 components break - you're warranteed.

You and I, same parts break - no warranty.....either you stand by your products or you don't IMO. Let's see... only 2 more years of warranty period left...... I'll skip the FR1 and go right to........"Mr. Whipple" (supercharger). LOL.......

Happy Hunting out there. So much rice and brachtwurst out there and so little time...LOL

jk89cat

they need to look alittle closer at things.are these shops you called, motorsport dealers? if so thats a bunch of crap, if i can warranty a brand new superchager , the warranty still stands, its a NATIONAL WARRANTY .

CAL

I wish it was what you're saying. I went to Troy Aikman Ford (where I bought mine) and is supposedly a "Performance" Dealer and is authorized and sells Rousch Stage III's there.........they wouldn't touch the install of the Power-Pak, let alone warranty. Strike 2 was at MiddleKauf Ford and Strike 3 at Bankston Ford in Frisco, Texas. Not one of these dealers service managers I spoke to would A) order B) install and C) warranty the Ford Racing Performance Parts...... I know it's on the FRPP web, etc., etc. Reality though - at least where I live - no dice and no warranty. Like I said, it is amazing, given there were GTs with Rousch CAI on their lot provided by local customizers such as www.heritagecustoms.com. BTW, when my warranty ends - heritage does great work. Mr. Bessett is the owner and formely A.J. Foyt's mechanic. Post warranty www.heritagecustoms.com......here I come. Who knows, maybe they have a better warranty than the dealer. LOL