• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Blinker Issue

Maine gt/cs

I am having small issue with my blinkers. When I put my drivers side or passenger side blinker on, the rear lights are dim but blink. The front blinkers are bright as usual. With the parking or headlights on, the drivers side will not blink, but the passenger side will but very dim. Brake lights are bright. Head lights are bright also. I replaced the headlight switch, brake light switch, and blinker switch about a year ago. I am leaning towards the flasher or emergency flasher under the dash. What else should I be looking for while I am looking around for issues. Thanks for any and all your help.

Tim

stangfan

Sounds similar to mine last year. It turned out to be a loose and dirty ground wire connection on the left tail light housing. I should add however, that my brake light on that side was also dim.

Ruppstang

Sounds similar to mine last year. It turned out to be a loose and dirty ground wire connection on the left tail light housing. I should add however, that my brake light on that side was also dim.

+1 grounds

robert campbell

Grounds first. I soldered a ground wire on each socket when I restored my car.

After that based on your replacement parts it could be the turn signal switch. Very common death on GT/CS and Shelby's with 6 tail light bulbs.

Rob

retroman99

Grounds first. I soldered a ground wire on each socket when I restored my car.

After that based on your replacement parts it could be the turn signal switch. Very common death on GT/CS and Shelby's with 6 tail light bulbs.

Rob

after reading all the notes about bad grounds on the taillights I followed Robs advice. soldered a separate ground wire to the sockets and ran the wires inside the harness looks clean and I don't have to worry about it.

Attachments

• DSCF1885.jpg
    DSCF1885.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 40