• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Oklahoma GT/CS on eBay

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
tach on a small block, don't see that very often. Would like to see if it was ordered that way.

My old Highland Green 289 2V GT/CS had only 2 options. A 4-speed and a tach. All in all a very strange combination.

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
My old Highland Green 289 2V GT/CS had only 2 options. A 4-speed and a tach. All in all a very strange combination.

I agree, maybe there were going to drag race that bad boy 289 :wink:

LUVMYCS

Mosesatm said:

You had a Highland Green CS?! I thought you loved that color? Why on earth don't you have it anymore?

Perkchiro

Looks like old damage with bad repair.

Attachments

• GTCS DoorFender.jpg
    GTCS DoorFender.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 27

Mosesatm

LUVMYCS said:
You had a Highland Green CS?! I thought you loved that color? Why on earth don't you have it anymore?
Yep. Bought it in 1977 when I was in high school. Did a rolling restoration and drove it for the next 11 years. When I moved to San Diego the California smog nazis wouldn't pass it because it didn't have the required smog pump. By then there was also rust in the rear floors and in the rear quarters so I sold it. See the gallery under "Arlie's old and new".

LUVMYCS

Mosesatm said:
Yep. Bought it in 1977 when I was in high school. Did a rolling restoration and drove it for the next 11 years. When I moved to San Diego the California smog nazis wouldn't pass it because it didn't have the required smog pump. By then there was also rust in the rear floors and in the rear quarters so I sold it. See the gallery under "Arlie's old and new".

Aww, I'm sorry Arlie, I know how much you love that color!:sad: Was it original? What do you mean by "rolling restoration"?

Mosesatm

A rolling restoration is when you drive the car as you restore it. Since that was my only car a rolling restoration was the only way to go.