• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS in Barrett Jackson sold for 49,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canuck CSter

Wasn't that a 289....

Think they were alittle short on knowledge about our cars cuzal the alkedabout was emails from the viewers.

But the market spoke.

DR in Ottawa

68gt390

That makes two of us. Besides, I'm still trying to get my 428CJ together. Would hate to sell her before that gets done. Just ordered a new flywheel for it today. Hope to have the block and heads and other stuff to the engine shop by Friday.

Don :wink:

68gt390

The thing that got me the most was all they could say was it had no real performance goodies on it. Evidently they forgot about the 390 and 428 cars. Still pretty good price for no performance goodies as they put it. Car did better than I would of expected.

Don

Mustanglvr

$49,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way!!!!!!!!!! I am astounded. The GT/CS is finally having its day. I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

it was a 302.

I posted some kind of guess a month or 2 ago. the most I thought was less than half what it sold for.

Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr said:
$49,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way!!!!!!!!!! I am astounded. The GT/CS is finally having its day. I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!
I forgot the smilies.:grin: :grin: :grin: :teleport: :teleport: :teleport: :grin: :grin: :rofl: :rofl:

case12

As they say on Everybody Loves Raymond, "Holy Crap"!

Are the other cars being sold inflated? Or are we finally getting noticed for our rarity? (in other words, are there a bunch of "fat wallets" at BJ right now?) Casey

GTCSNJ

I am amazed. Did anyone else notice the taillight chrome had a black perimeter?

Gary

68gt390

I just hope my insurance agent wasn't watching this auction tonight. I can imagine his eyes popping out of his head. The TV folks didn't even talk about the rairity of the car. They just mentioned it was a cosmetic package to enhance the car. Little do they know. Let's see if the new owner registers it here on the site. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. :grin:

Don

bbeatty

Amazing!

While I think the buyer paid a little too much, I'm not going to be shy about posting the sale information on other forums! I'm sure the first guy to pay $50,000 for a Shelby (or fill in any model) was scoffed at for that deal at the time. It all trickles down and helps define the market.

Perkchiro

All I can say is, It's about time!!! If you've followed the values of muscle cars over the past few years, GT/CS prices have lagged behind. My humble opinion is that it was only a matter of time before those prices caught up with the others. Tonights auction is not a fluke, just wait and you'll see those prices go even higher. :smile:

luisa2552

That is so awesome! Refresh my memory- was it a J code 302? Makes me want to push the last owner of my car to dig the original 302 he has to my car out of storage. He keeps saying he'll get it to me. Hope he wasn't watching tonight....

BroadwayBlue

Woo-hoo!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey I got one of them 302's.

How come the Barrett site lists it as being sold for over $52,000 ?
LOT 419 - 1968 FORD MUSTANG CALIFORNIA SPECIAL COUPE $52,920.00

Last edited:

joedls

BroadwayBlue said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey I got one of them 302's.

How come the Barrett site lists it as being sold for over $52,000 ?

1968 FORD MUSTANG CALIFORNIA SPECIAL COUPE $52,920.00

Because they charge the buyer an 8% fee.