• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS "X" code just sold 17K Barrett Jackson

mnut

I just hung up the phone with a friend at the big auction in Scottsdale.This went down about 5PM EST today.A blue/blue "X" code 68 auto trans CS from Texas must have been a steal at $17,000.00 and the owner was looking for $35,000.00 according to my friend who talked to him. It was an A/C car,weak in the paint but a nice Texas undercarriage.He also noted the common bubbling rust at the tops of the aprons but still a nice solid car.I think someone got a good deal? I believe the owner is down a bit to say the least.

BroadwayBlue

I just hung up the phone with a friend at the big auction in Scottsdale.This went down about 5PM EST today.A blue/blue "X" code 68 auto trans CS from Texas must have been a steal at $17,000.00 and the owner was looking for $35,000.00 according to my friend who talked to him. It was an A/C car,weak in the paint but a nice Texas undercarriage.He also noted the common bubbling rust at the tops of the aprons but still a nice solid car.I think someone got a good deal? I believe the owner is down a bit to say the least.

According to the BJ site the 390 went for $18,000 plus commision and a 289 yesterday went for $17,500.

A 302 went for $40,000 today (almost $10,000 less than it sold at BJ for in 2006)

see this thread... we've been discussing them here

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5614

RedGTvert

Money buyers at BJ don't go to buy projects or drivers needing paint. Selling price reflects the quality. Bad paint and rust bubbles do not fair well when trying to get the big bucks. From your description, the seller was being over optimistic in thinking it was a $35K car IMHO.