• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What Colors would you like to see available for the 2009 GT/CS?

miller511

What was the question? Oh, yeah. My suggestion and something very much in the realm of possibility would be highland green. There's an '08 Bullitt at the local Ford dealer in that color (also a black one). And it sure looks good in green. It wouldn't be a stretch at all for Ford to add it as a regular run color.
Yeah, yeah, I know they say it'll only be for the Bullitt. I wouldn't bet against it. Especially if it helps sell cars.

aemoo28

DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY COLORS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM !!!!!

I'm sore 'cause mine was supposed to be 'limited edition' with the '07. Let me have my tantrum and I'll be fine in a minute.

OKAY but if I had my way, I'd make the new Cali more like the '68 with the ducktail spoiler and the cougar tail lights. I'd make the back end more like the '68 and I'd have the side scoop be more prevalent with the stripe over it like the original as well.

I hear you, Caligirl. Those Challengers look awesome... but I'm a Pony girl at the core of my being.

davidathans

i say that they make an exception on the new california special...maybe Paul Newitt can pull some strings and talk to the top dogs and ask them to make me an 09 california special in highland green with the shelby gt500 5.4L and 6 speed and drivetrain...

Let the same be said of anyone who has a 1968 GT/CS...

Why shouldn't it be possible? If we all could get an 2009 custom made in any color with the option of 500HP Shelby GT 500 engine since we have the original 1968 GT/CSs

I just wish that the guy in charge of this for Ford, read this website's posts to get ideas on how to make the most money off of making an 09 GT/CS

I agree with having the Ducktail spoiler, Remake the taillights in a similar fashion to the 68s, make them unique to the GT/CS

miller511

Make it Happen Paul!!!

i say that they make an exception on the new california special...maybe Paul Newitt can pull some strings and talk to the top dogs and ask them to make me an 09 california special in highland green with the shelby gt500 5.4L and 6 speed and drivetrain...

'09 GT/CS Green Hornet, Baby!!

mwilson7

Vapor Silver Clearcoat will be available for the 2009 GT/CS.

The white stripe is available with Vista Blue, Dark Candy Apple Red, Black and Vapor Silver.

Black stripe is available on all colors above plus white.

09 Green Hornet would be VERY cool!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Vapor Silver Clearcoat will be available for the 2009 GT/CS.

The white stripe is available with Vista Blue, Dark Candy Apple Red, Black and Vapor Silver.

Black stripe is available on all colors above plus white.

09 Green Hornet would be VERY cool!

The dark candy apple red with white stripes will look awesome!! So will that silver color. Will the stripe still have that "dissipating" look to it towards the rear?

Let's see a limited run 2009 "Green Hornet" GT/CS (50 made?)! You wouldn't have to use that Bullitt green--since the GH used a different shade of green--and it had GOLD metallic in it as well (I can provide a ppg color #). I would include a silver painted rear panel, and some chrome 6 or 10 spoke wheels over from Lincoln-Merc with Mustang center caps. A (SVT) Shelby GT spolier would be used, too.

Here is what the stripe would probably look like (based on the '68 version's stripe):

Paul N.

Attachments

• grnhntstr.jpg
    grnhntstr.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks, Jeff.

This article is based on my article in the Shelby American magazine (no. 63, pp. 35-38, 1994); and Mustang Monthly, Nov. 1994, pg.46-51 .

At least a credit in Hemmings would have been nice.

Motor Trend CLASSIC, Jan/Feb 2006 in an article about three top valued musclecars, incl. the GH, (on pp.32-33) did give me credit.

The car was found through the mention of it in my first GT/CS book in 1989. The GH started out as a GT/CS pilot car--to test out the parts back in Dearborn, before production began at the SJ plant.

Paul N.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Where in the world did they get the picture of the rear seat? It looks like it's from a full-size Ford with a red exterior.

miller511

Where in the world did they get the picture of the rear seat? It looks like it's from a full-size Ford with a red exterior.

Wow. Good catch, Arlie, I'm not sure where they pulled that picture of the back seat from.

miller511

Another observation on the pics of the Green Hornet-
The story reads that it was made from an early '68. But it has the later design rear side markers. Does this make sense? Or maybe in the restoration it got new rear quarters? Was it ever a mess of rust?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I dug out the photos of the GH when Randy Darrow owned it, and it did have the later reflectors. Not sure why--yet...I need to crunch some production date numbers ( 8F01S104288, 65B-1-6G-25H-75-7-U). Ford might have used the GH project to test fit the later reflectors. The car was sold from the Ford "used car lot" in 1970, so they had it until at least October of that year "to do all kinds of things to it"..... BTW-- accelleration test shows 14.040 time @ 101 mph. Weight was over 3900 lbs!!! Rear end was 3.00:1, C-6.

When Martin Euler restored the GH, there was definately rust in the trunk. He had to replace at least one of the rear quarters. I have pics of it --in the snow up to the rockers--before resto. Typical Michigan rust, and not pretty.

Randy used the car to drive to college.

I also have a little sample chip of the original paint, which I'll scan for the book. It's lighter than what is on the car now. The vinyl top on there now wasn't original--it was a spray-on top, that was covered in white vinyl by Randy, and then again in black by Martin.

Paul N.

hotrodgrany

DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY COLORS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM !!!!!

I'm sore 'cause mine was supposed to be 'limited edition' with the '07. Let me have my tantrum and I'll be fine in a minute.

OKAY but if I had my way, I'd make the new Cali more like the '68 with the ducktail spoiler and the cougar tail lights. I'd make the back end more like the '68 and I'd have the side scoop be more prevalent with the stripe over it like the original as well.

I hear you, Caligirl. Those Challengers look awesome... but I'm a Pony girl at the core of my being.

Hay gal I hear you and quite agree. I wished they would do black matelic though, but of course that is my:thumb: color

mustangj

I am not too thrilled with the continued CS production either, however I'm still not seeing that many on the road here in NC. If they would bring back Legend Lime with a white stripe I would take a LOOONG look at that. I would also like to see more of the 68 styling cues, engine upgrade options, and how about a functional heat extractor hood lik on the Shelby GT-H. But even if we end up with 10,000 CSs produced I think we still have the potential to have a future collectable car and one heck of a fun car to drive.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I am not too thrilled with the continued CS production either, however I'm still not seeing that many on the road here in NC..... But even if we end up with 10,000 CSs produced I think we still have the potential to have a future collectable car and one heck of a fun car to drive.

Absolutely! I've seen several late model owners unhappy with the continued production--and dealers telling customers that 2007 "was it" to make a sale.

These are popular cars--and Ford will keep selling them as long as they ARE popular. I could see this continuing into the 2010 body style.

But no matter how long they make and sell them, you STILL have a collectible. Think of it this way--the more they make, the more visibility they will have, and people will want them. They are distinctive, and sharp to see on the road....because just like the '68's, they are just different enough to get a LOT of attention. I don't see these flooding the market at all...but opening up the whole GT/CS thing even more. Those that have them should be really happy that they got the first or second year of production.

Paul N.

GTCS07

I'm glad I got mine in Redfire as it is a one year only color for it. I would have liked to have different color stripe options, a ducktail rear spoiler, different tail lights, a 5.4L N/A engine with a 6-speed and 3.73 gears. A production number build plate would have been nice also. Since I'm modifying mine it doesn't really matter now though what they did or didn't do. I'm doing it my way. I am surprised that they didn't stop it to do a Mach 1 for '09 instead.

albegtcs

I would like to see some colors that are only available on the GT/CS and are not available unless you purchase the GT/CS package. I beilve they did that with the Mach 1 in 2003.

stang68cs

Has anyone ever seen an article from the 90's about Dick Bridge's 19681/2 Cobra Jet in Mack Truck Blue? It was the most beautiful color of blue I've seen and now I can't find the magazine. Loved when you could order any color!

hotrodgrany

Alloy clearcoat metallic or gunsmoke grey....It is what I would have bought mine in if I had that option.
this was offered with the 07's GT/CS's. I meen the Alloy metallic. This would have been my second choice, if they couldn't find a black/without hood scoop/with stick shift.