CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/18/2006, 09:56 AM   #16
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

::::::::::big sigh:::::::::::I just love a happy reunion.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2006, 11:40 AM   #17
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Cool small world,..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna
::::::::::big sigh:::::::::::I just love a happy reunion.

Neat surprises happen!
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2006, 08:53 AM   #18
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

Hi Paul, I'm going to post the two Marti Reports on my two Specials. I don't know if you want/or have any phots of the cars, but I would be glad to email them to you. Do you desire to have "hard copies" of the Marti Reports and photos, or will email do as well? Thanks for all you do, Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0001.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	2241   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0002.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	2242  

'66 GT 350, (2) GT/CS, '68 GT Coupe, '73 CJ Convertible, '05 GT, '07 Shelby GT, and some Model T Fords
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2006, 10:16 AM   #19
PNewitt

To everyone--

Please DO NOT e-mail attachments (photos, etc.) to me, because the file size is too big (I'm at 56k).

Just snail mail these things (ASAP) to me at:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

thanks!

Paul.
Old 12/31/2007, 04:09 PM   #20
obwan93001
My Car Details

My Garage
Is registration still open?

Hi Paul. I saw that your deadline for submitting info to you for the book/registry is today 12/31/2007, please let me know if it's not too late. I forgot to mail you last week, got busy w/the holiday and all, and can send you my info via snail mail on Jan 3rd. I can email you a small Word doc with all the answers but wanted to ask first as you've specified snail mail due to attachment sizes. The size of the Word doc would be around 27kb, very small. My Marti report is already posted in that thread, let me know if you would need me to send that as well if you can accept via email. If not I totally understand and will snail mail from So Cal to you on the 3rd, I would tend to venture you'd receive the info within a couple of days after mailing.

Thanks Paul!

Happy New Year to everyone!

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...3&d=1198481108
1968 GT/CS 289-2v V8 AT, PS, drum brakes, tinted windows, Diamond Blue, black stripes, standard Black bucket interior. MCA#:70104
obwan93001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2007, 04:24 PM   #21
GTCSTexan
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by obwan93001 View Post
Hi Paul. I saw that your deadline for submitting info to you for the book/registry is today 12/31/2007, please let me know if it's not too late. I forgot to mail you last week, got busy w/the holiday and all, and can send you my info via snail mail on Jan 3rd. I can email you a small Word doc with all the answers but wanted to ask first as you've specified snail mail due to attachment sizes. The size of the Word doc would be around 27kb, very small. My Marti report is already posted in that thread, let me know if you would need me to send that as well if you can accept via email. If not I totally understand and will snail mail from So Cal to you on the 3rd, I would tend to venture you'd receive the info within a couple of days after mailing.

Thanks Paul!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Yeah Paul, I'm late getting on this too. Mine just came out of the paint shop and is finally worth looking at.

I have pics and the Marti report, if its not too late, I'll get it in the s-mail ASAP.

Thanks.
GTCSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2008, 12:52 AM   #22
PNewitt

The GT/CS REGISTRY deadline for the registration of 1968 and 2007-2008 GT/CS cars has been extended to Jan 31st.

I really appreciate everyone making the effort to get their registration in by today. However, due to licensing and new information for the book, I've had to move it back at least 30 days.

More on this ASAP (I've been spending the past several days in high gear working on the book (@ 12 hrs/day), and making changes, to be able to even post this info....whew!!)

thanks again,

Paul N.
Old 01/01/2008, 09:19 AM   #23
koronen

I would like to add my GT/ CS to the registry...one problem though, it hasn't been assigned a VIN yet. Let me know what is needed, or if it can't happen, then ok =)
koronen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2008, 02:03 PM   #24
obwan93001
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
The GT/CS REGISTRY deadline for the registration of 1968 and 2007-2008 GT/CS cars has been extended to Jan 31st.

I really appreciate everyone making the effort to get their registration in by today. However, due to licensing and new information for the book, I've had to move it back at least 30 days.

More on this ASAP (I've been spending the past several days in high gear working on the book (@ 12 hrs/day), and making changes, to be able to even post this info....whew!!)

thanks again,

Paul N.

Happy New Year and thank you very much Paul for your hard work on the registry and the upcoming, much anticipated book! I appreciate you taking a few mins to let us know of the extended deadline, I'll definately get my info submitted to you before then. I need to check on questions 6, 19, 20 and 21 and was hoping to do so yesterday or today as I'm visiting the folks (where the GT/CS is) but So Cal has been battered by very high winds since early Monday morning and are still blowing very strong as I write this.

I hope you're taking a few breaks during the day from your hard work.

Thanks again Paul!

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...3&d=1198481108
1968 GT/CS 289-2v V8 AT, PS, drum brakes, tinted windows, Diamond Blue, black stripes, standard Black bucket interior. MCA#:70104
obwan93001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2008, 06:06 AM   #25
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Dead line

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post

thanks again,

Paul N.
Psssst, are you going to add those Blue Prints in your book?

Best Regards,

Stacey

Little Red Mustang hiding in the leaves
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2008, 08:48 PM   #26
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Paul ... did you receive my data via PM?

Greetings Paul,
Did you receive the PM I sent you recently with the VIN number and personal history on our 390 4V "S" code "wedding car"? (You've probably been too busy editing and re-writing to respond yet.)
Sounds like it might be a bit too late to make this edition of the new registry book, as we won't have our Marti report for a few months, but hopefully the VIN I sent you helps fill in another hole in the GT/CS numbers.
We'll send you the rest of the data on our car when we have it all available. (I assume you still need it via "snail mail" and not by email with your current email service?)
Looking forward to the new revised edition of the GT/CS book!
Best regards,
Al
aka
"GT/CS S Code"

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
GT/CS S Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2008, 09:37 PM   #27
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT/CS S Code View Post
Greetings Paul,
Did you receive the PM I sent you recently with the VIN number and personal history on our 390 4V "S" code "wedding car"? (You've probably been too busy editing and re-writing to respond yet.)
Sounds like it might be a bit too late to make this edition of the new registry book, as we won't have our Marti report for a few months, but hopefully the VIN I sent you helps fill in another hole in the GT/CS numbers.
We'll send you the rest of the data on our car when we have it all available. (I assume you still need it via "snail mail" and not by email with your current email service?)
Looking forward to the new revised edition of the GT/CS book!
Best regards,
Al
aka
"GT/CS S Code"
Al,
Above Paul states he extended the deadline to Jan 31st.
You can have Marti fax you a report for now. I'm assuming you're waiting a few months because you ordered the Elite report? Not sure if they'll charge you extra for the fax if you ordered the Elite but it's worth a shot.

I would still send your info to Paul even if you can't get the Marti.

The more we can get in the better. (I know more work for Paul but I'm sure he agrees if you can get it before 1/31)

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2008, 11:14 PM   #28
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
i know there has to be a deadline at some point, how solid is the jan 31st?
i just bought an 08 gt/cs, is it too late to get it in the registry?????
please
bart

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2008, 04:57 PM   #29
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBART View Post
i know there has to be a deadline at some point, how solid is the jan 31st?
i just bought an 08 gt/cs, is it too late to get it in the registry?????
please
bart
No. It's not too late.

I extended the deadline to Jan 31st. I really don't accept registrations via PM or e-mail, because it's easier for me to have it in my hands on paper. Printing out info is time consuming, and believe me--time is not something I have these days.

So--can you just regular mail it to me at: GT/CS Registry, Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617 USA

thanks--and thanks for your understanding.

Paul N.
Old 01/10/2008, 08:02 AM   #30
miller511
My Car Details

My Garage
Hi Paul,

Is there a particular format that you'd like to see the '07-'08 CS data for the registry? If I (snail) mailed you a copy of the window sticker for my '07 CS would that work for you?

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff Miller-
1968 Tahoe Turquoise GT/CS
2007 Black GT/CS Coupe
miller511 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions