• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trying to track down Lime Gold CS last seen in bad shape in Oly WA 10-15 years ago

robert campbell

The car Bob Wolfe had was rough but all there. He got it running and moving and sold it. I do not remember any spray paint on it. I will call him.

Bob

aemoo28

This car I speak of belonging to Mr Wolfe, the green CS, seems to have been taken apart. He still has it per my info, parts of it anyway. Hope you can get a VIN so you know for certain.

I'm sorry to say, but maybe you will be glad to hear, that certain pieces of this car (if it's indeed the one you seek) are now on Satan, and helped to get her back to tip top shape. Not sure which parts exactly, will have to confer with Mike G. But yes, off the green one he (pretty sure) still has parts of.

I'm sorry it turned out to be a parts car for your sake (if it's indeed the same car). There's always the hope one can be re-united with a long lost CS after years have gone by.

6t8-390gt

If you know the dealership where your grandfather purchased the car new; Kevin Marti could probably get the vin and other info for the car. It might cost a few dollars extra because he "hand" searches his data base.

Danny

Mosesatm

Christy,
Amy's post may be confusing until you understand that Satan is her black/beige GT/CS!

robert campbell

Christy,
Below is the car that Bob Wolfe had. It is in the registry section of this site. It had no graffitti on it. It was complete but missing the passenger side scoop that appeared to be ripped off in some kind of an accident. Lime Gold, black interior, and a J code 302 auto.

He sold it to a guy in Vancouver, Canada. If you list this information on Craig's list, this buyer looks at it all the time. He may still have it.

If you mention how much it means to you the price will go up. Bob got it up and running, but it still need alot of work. He sold it in the $10k range. If you low key it a bit, it may be a good buy. If you look desperate, it could get expensive!!

We do not have the VIN, but if you contact Arlie or Marti they should be able to reverse the info and get you the vin. Its consecutive unit number is 152,271 and should be an easy find. its vin should be 8R01J152271

Rob

calif special C4 TRAN ,F70XWIDE OVAL TIRES ,CONSOLE ,POWER DISC BRAKES,POWER STEERING ,AIR COND,TINTED WINDOWS ,DELUXE BELTS,REMOTE CONTROL LEFT HAND MIRROR,ARGENTSTYLED STEEL WINDOWS, HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION THATS THE OPTIONS .
8 1968
R BUILT AT SAN JOSE
01 MUSTANG HARD TOP
J 302 4V
52,271 ST FORD VEHICLE SCHEDULED FOR PROD
65A MUSTANG HARD TOP
I LIME GOLD PAINT FORD#2041-A
2A BLACK STANDARD BUCKET SEATS
21 C SCHEDULED FOR BUILD 3-21-1968
71 LA ORDERING DISTRICT
5 3.00 STANDARD AXLE RATIO - TAG STILL ON REAR AXLE
W C4 TRAN
DEALER # 71B018

shelbygt350s
View Public Profile
Send a private message to shelbygt350s
Send email to shelbygt350s
Find More Posts by shelbygt350s
Add shelbygt350s to Your Buddy List

shelbygt350s's Car Details

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pixiegirl

Hi Robert,
I ripped the passenger side scoop off at the gas station at 17 years old! That was 21 years ago now...LOL I am almost certain this is the car. I will get some more info on my end somehow so I can be certain.

I can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to help me out! It means so much to me.

I will keep you all posted!

Christy

robert campbell

Christy,
If you post that VIN number and the other data on Craigs list Vancouver, I bet you get a response.

Rob

robert campbell

Allright!!! Where are the North Country owners. This lady needs help finding the above GT/CS last known to be in Vancouver Canada!!

Rob