• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Tornado GT/CS

Mustanglvr

:eek: Well, last friday a small tornado hit our little town of Ruthton, Minnesota. Everybody is ok and the house is ok, our yard has alot less shade now :sad:. We lost alot of mature trees in town and a few buildings. My car was sitting beside our house on the north side when the storm came up behind it from the west. It sat through 120 mph winds as the trees in our yard and from the nieghbors yards fell around it. It has a few scratches, plus 1 baseball size and 1 softball size dents on the roof above the driver. I guess it all could have been sooo much worse and I am grateful my family, house and car(s) survived.:grin:

Attachments

• tornadomustang1.jpg
    tornadomustang1.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 76
  • tornadomustang2.jpg
    tornadomustang2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 75

J.Bart

wow,
look's like you were lucky.
a real close call

has your heart started beating again?

68 special

Glad to hear everyone is ok. A couple dents are better than a caved in roof or worse. Hope you have a wood stove or fireplace. Sounds like you need Cory and Robert to hook you up with a garage.

Bret

Ruppstang

Glad you are ok! I know it is hard to have any thing happen to your car, after seeing your yard I would say you were lucky. In the midwest a garage does not allways protect your car agingt those kind of storms. Marty

Northern Pony

Thank God all the family is OK, cars can be fixed, and that is indeed why we all carry insurance. I think you were lucky to only have a few dents and scratches, could have been much worse.
Now the hassle with dealing with insurance. Good Luck!
BoB

Diesel Donna

Wow Rhonda! Glad everyone and the car are relatively okay. Here in mild sunny Southern California, I heard a very loud crash the other day. Sounded like a huge WHUMP! I ran outside as did a few other neighbors and saw that a very tall palm tree had lost a monster pile of underbrush or whatever it is called (not the palm fronds) and it hammered down on top of an older Volvo parked on the street. Completely caved in the roof and the dome light was dangling inside. The whole car was engulfed in the trash, and it took us two huge city green cans to get it cleaned up.
Glad your CS was bullet proofed!