• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The price of Mustang bliss…

bbeatty

New radiator cap $5.68
New thermostat and housing gasket $7.56
New radiator hoses and clamps $20.90
2 gallons of distilled water, some antifreeze and 12 ounces of water wetter $12.38
New 3 core radiator, six blade fan and shroud $290

Finally being able to drive my GT/CS anywhere I want following the shotgun approach to overheating problems...

;D ;D ;DPriceless ;D ;D ;D

For the first time in years, I am on the road with no fears or worries of any breakdowns! MPG and gas prices be damned, I having fun this summer!! ;D :p ;D

OP
OP
B

bbeatty

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=0#msg12029 date=1119890073]
What is water wetter?
[/quote]

Probably snake oil but the manufacture claims it helps heat transfer and can reduce the coolant temperature by as much as 30 degrees. Since I did everything at once, I don’t know if it makes a difference or not.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

hookedtrout

[quote author=bbeatty link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=0#msg12026 date=1119889481]

For the first time in years, I am on the road with no fears or worries of any breakdowns! MPG and gas prices be damned, I having fun this summer!! ;D :p ;D

[/quote]

That's right tear it up!! ;D

Hook

mmarsalone

Brain,

It was running very well. I think it make it to St. Louis for a visit or to Omaha. How about going to CF 5.0?

Mike