• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Script

L8GR868

What is the name of the California Special script. I've seen it here before but can't seem to find it now.
Eric

admin

Staff member
Administrator
You mean the name of the font used for the script? The "California Special" script was hand crafted, so they didn't use a font.

There are probably fonts similar, but not exact. The closest I've found is BombatDB. It's not too far off in general, but the "S" is nowhere close.

robert campbell

Does anyone know if there is any kind of a "stamping" on the original script? To identify Ford, or the maker? Anything? And if so, where.

Rob

hookedtrout

Does anyone know if there is any kind of a "stamping" on the original script? To identify Ford, or the maker? Anything? And if so, where.

Rob

Did I get you your scripts sent back Rob? I know I had them packaged back up and can't remember if I sent them or not? Must be getting old.

Cory

case12

Don't know if they were stamped (maybe someone has a known original that could tell?). The Ford part number was C8ZX-65291A36-A. Thanks, Casey

robert campbell

Cory,
Got them back just fine! These scripts are very old. They were on my car which Paul N. wanted to see. I recently found them. May be one of the first 14 sets made for the very first cars.

Rob