• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking to buy another 68 GT/CS

classicsguy

I have a 1968 J-code 4 speed but it will be a project. The car is having the final sheetmetal work done and will be ready for paint and body probably by the end of this month. If interested please send me a private message

HappyHour

Good luck!! Pretty clean and well optioned numbers matching.

Hasnt hit reserve....wonder what he is expecting? Looks well shown show car but whats up with the grill?

di81977

That is an interesting list of options. Good luck, hope you get it.

david

franklinair

Texas car, 8R01J155306 not in registry. Needs Marti to verify. Look$ like lot$a work.

Neil

HappyHour

I was gonna use the word "scarry" but Im gonna be professional. :lipsseal:

So question would oxidation do that to that to the rear tails? Where the tailights and surrounds are bright red? And the car was...gold? Also no rear qtr panel light markers or inserts on quarters but one side primer (damage?). I notice he has also has possible original tailight assembly in the front seat.

He has the shelby pins for the stock 68 looking hood and the grill looks regular 68. Dont see where the hood pins lock into engine bay. Def would be interesting to see the Marti TOMORROW!! Thinks we need "Big Bird" on this case? :smile:

Black and gold!! Wait did he say this runs AND drives!!

Last edited:

classicsguy

I believe this car was on craigslist about 2 months ago somewhere in Texas. Spoke to owner then and he told me that he purchased from original owner in CA so he knows its a real GT/CS. He told me he was driving it as is. I dont know if he sold it on Craigslist and he is putting it up on e bay now. I contacted the seller on E bay and awaiting his reply if this is same car

classicsguy

I believe this car was on craigslist about 2 months ago somewhere in Texas. Spoke to owner then and he told me that he purchased from original owner in CA so he knows its a real GT/CS. He told me he was driving it as is. I dont know if he sold it on Craigslist and he is putting it up on e bay now. I contacted the seller on E bay and awaiting his reply if this is same car

He contacted me but says its not the same car

HappyHour

Good question. Guess if the VIN matches you should be able to tell from engine block otherwise you need to look at engine. I did a quick search but Im sure the Forum has more info.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/a...do-you-tell-difference-between-289-302-a.html

Added:
He is saying all numbers matching in AD so engine stamp behind aircleaner should match VIN# for automatic. Do a search on the forum there are also pictures. Good luck.

Reserve not met at 19K...think he still needs value check. Very clean optioned car however.

daveS

Good question. Guess if the VIN matches you should be able to tell from engine block otherwise you need to look at engine. I did a quick search but Im sure the Forum has more info.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/a...do-you-tell-difference-between-289-302-a.html

Added:
He is saying all numbers matching in AD so engine stamp behind aircleaner should match VIN# for automatic. Do a search on the forum there are also pictures. Good luck.

Reserve not met at 19K...think he still needs value check. Very clean optioned car however.

Thanks for that....yes its up to 19K. I think the reserve is 28K. The question is, what is the car worth ??

classicsguy

Thanks for that....yes its up to 19K. I think the reserve is 28K. The question is, what is the car worth ??

Its nice to know that J-code California Specials are getting these prices.I have a 4 speed J-code project in its final stage of sheet metal work that I am selling and only 218 of these were made.VERY RARE !