• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Longshot - Looking for my old GT/CS

bjr68

Hello all - What a great website you all have created. Thanks.

I owned a GT/CS (never did verify if it was real) in High School. I sold it twenty years ago to a family in Wyoming. Anyway, I was cleaning out some old files last week and came across my bill of sale from 1984! It had the VIN # on it. I have checked different sites off and on over the years to see if I might come across it. My dream would be to find it and buy it back to restore. Does anyone know how I might be able to use the VIN # to track down the car/owner? I don't know if that info is available through DMV. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help,

BJR68

P

PNewitt

Welcome!

You can either post the VIN here, or PM me with it, and I can look it up. I may have it. Either way, I'd like to have it for the registry--and any photos you may have.

Thanks,

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

( GT/CS Registry, Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617 )

Mosesatm

Hello all - What a great website you all have created. Thanks.

I owned a GT/CS (never did verify if it was real) in High School. I sold it twenty years ago to a family in Wyoming. Anyway, I was cleaning out some old files last week and came across my bill of sale from 1984! It had the VIN # on it. I have checked different sites off and on over the years to see if I might come across it. My dream would be to find it and buy it back to restore. Does anyone know how I might be able to use the VIN # to track down the car/owner? I don't know if that info is available through DMV. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help,

BJR68

If you post the VIN here we can check the registries for an owner. If the VIN starts with 8R01 (as it must) we just need the next numbers.

What color was it?

ETA: Paul is a faster typer!

OP
OP
B

bjr68

Looking for my old GT/CS

Thanks so much for offering to help. The Mustangs VIN # is 8R01C149793. The car was Blue (Acapulco?), it had a 289 with a 4 speed manual transmission and a black interior.
I first saw this car about two years before I bought it. It was the first time I had seen one and sure enough, two years later, I found it for sale in our local newspaper. I had to sell it in 1987 because I was broke and was trying to make it through college. I always told myself that someday I would find it, and if available, buy it back.
I know this is a longshot, but I sure appreciate any help.
Thanks again,
BJR68

rvrtrash

Well, it's not in the '96 registry, but Paul may have it. Good luck with your search.

Steve

68gt390

Didn't see it in the "89" registry either. Who knows, keep looking - things have a strange way of popping up sometimes. Good luck.

Don

OP
OP
B

bjr68

Paul, Steve and Don. Thanks for all of the help. I will keep looking. It would be great to find it if is still out there. I appreciate everything.

Stacey Enderle

title search?

Paul, Steve and Don. Thanks for all of the help. I will keep looking. It would be great to find it if is still out there. I appreciate everything.

This is a long shot here, but maybe, where you sold your CS, you may beable to find it, through the old title search archives. The only stickler is that in the state or Oregon. All records have been completely purged. Other than that, you might be able to get a clue on where it's at. In this case here, it's like conducting a family tree search for a lost cousin or relative. :smile:

Stacey