• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Little Red Recreated

somethingspecial

Wow

So Shelby himself is making the CSS series of Little Red. There goes the neighborhood. So are they going to bring back the Green Hornet as well. That would be cool. Mike

BroadwayBlue

I particularly liked this line "While the plucky notchback never made it to official Shelby status, it did make a lasting impression as the inspiration for the famous 1968 GT/CS “California Special” series of Mustangs. "

See our cars are famous! :cool:

chewyz_me

...Now you have to wonder if demand on coupes & old CSs will go up as did the fastbacks w/ "Eleanor"...

its hard to say considering the original eleanor was a '71 mach 1....the new version definately made a LOT more emphasis on 'Eleanor' tho.

Just need incredible publicity (such as a good movie) and incredible amount of 'car flattery' in that publicity.

if they make another Gone in 60 seconds in 30 years, i say we pitch the idea of using a CS:icon_lol:

rvrtrash

its hard to say considering the original eleanor was a '71 mach 1....

I vote for the original being a '73.

Imagine being a teenager, sitting in a '72 Mach 1 at a drive in theater, watching this movie for the first time. It's a miracle I'm not still sitting in jail.

Steve

P

PNewitt

BOY, am I biting my tongue on this one...!

$2ooK, huh?

Paul N.

DAR1

Very cool. I don't know about $200k. Paul - do you know if the wheels were really color matched? Of course it is hard to tell from the old black and white pictures. My 'little red' tribute is still 30 days from being finished, although I have heard that for a couple of years...
Dan

P

PNewitt

I seriously doubt that back in '67 they would doll up the wheels like that. My opinion is that whomever did this repro got kinda carried away. If you look at the under hood shot (where is the Paxton?), the radiator is glossy....and it looks overestored.

There are some things missing on this repro, and I'd think that for the $200K asking price, that they all should be there (and I'm not about to divulge the details, everyone will have to wait & see them in my book).

I think, Dan, that yours is more accurate. I gotta get over there to see it for pics for the book.

I'm wondering about how this car could be registered with SAAC, if there is a legal battle between Carroll and SAAC (see SAACFORUM.COM). I also wonder--what kind of value would a repro like this have if it was registered only with Team Shelby? Would it have the same value as a registration with SAAC or what??

PN

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

I'm a big car fan as is everyone here on this site. The sad thing is with these type of folks that are building these cars it's all come down to the bottom line - MONEY. That's the part that really makes me mad.

Don

P

PNewitt

I realize that this may sound kinda melodramatic, but WE can and WILL call the shots on several aspects of the GT/CS--it's history, values, authenticity, and how they are restored. We'll do this collectively by our associations and connections (hmmm....that sounds "a little too Coppola")...well anyway..

Having this oversight, and a vigilant one at that, will preserve the GT/CS for many years to come.

We--as a group here, actually CARE about these things, and we can control it. We're in a really good place in the Mustang and Shelby worlds, and we've earned the respect we deserve.

But-- like I said, it sounds melodramatic, but I Don's passion is what drives me and many others to do it right.

And, yes...it's IS all about money. Too bad I didn't get a research compensation on this particular Little Red....but, you know, if anyone wants to make their own replica, they'll be able to from my book.

Paul N.