• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Hood lock washers

Aloha Mustangs

I am replacing my hood and don't know if the trim washers will come off the hood surface....without being destroyed. Anybody have a source for these? The previous owner appears to have epoxied these washers to the paint!

nfrntau

Since you are not worried about the finish of your hood give this a try.
Use a thin metal putty knife. The type used for drywall work. Just tap it in slowly from a very small angle. That should break the paint/epoxy from between the hood/washer.

classicsguy

Tony Branda had on E bay about 2 weeks ago what I think you are looking for. They were the washers that go under the hood.Read that they were stick on type They were NOS Ford in the original packages. Tried to find link but they are not on e bay anymore. Dont think they were sold