• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford falls to record full-year loss of $12.7bn ...

davidathans

this is the picture they showed on msn.com

Attachments

• 070125_fordloss_vmed_6a_widec.jpg
    070125_fordloss_vmed_6a_widec.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 34

case12

Hmm...falling profits, but show the revenue and margin driver for profits (Mustang). Something is backwards. And of course I did not miss the GT/CS.

So....will ford start having China build their cars to decrease labor costs?

L8GR868

I have been a Mustang owner and Ford truck owner and enjoy them. Love the 68 and 07 Mustang GT/CS's. I saw a concept car on the web of the next generation Mustang, it looked nothing like this gereration. UGLY Why don't they keep building what the buyers want. Quit over pricing the cars, and under powering them. GM and Mopar seem to have had big engines in more of their cars. Ford pushed the 289 and 302. motor. GM and Mopar will probably out power the Mustangs again. Not everyone can buy the Shelby. Give us more stock horse power and they would sell more cars. Keep the old looks and market what people like. Ford should get off their high horse and bring back the Boss, Mach 1 and so on make cars fun.They should ask real people what they want and see if sales turn around. It seems Ford is cutting it's own throat just look at the new Ford trucks. Just my two cents.
Eric

p51

If you want to read a very interesting book about Ford and Nissan in the 1980's read "The Reckoning" by David Halberstam

It was written when Nissan was beating Ford and it talks of all the misteps Ford made during the 1970's and early 1980's. Subsequently, they turned things around. But now they're back to losing out to the Japanese, etc. It seems that this is a recurring theme every 20yrs w/Ford...

Perkchiro

It seems that Ford is taking on the philosophy of "what's good for Ford is good for America" instead of opting for "what's good for America is good for Ford". They have basically ignored the wants and needs of the car buying public, with the exception of the new Mustang of course. They have offended many Americans by sponsoring alternative lifestyle issues and putting money into those efforts. Don't get me wrong, I want Ford to succeed but they are shooting theirselves in the foot and what they are experiencing is self induced. I hope they can turn it around. It's really sad when a foreign car company takes a higher position in sales over a long established and iconic domestic car company. Just my 2 cents.

joedls

Perkchiro said:
It seems that Ford is taking on the philosophy of "what's good for Ford is good for America" instead of opting for "what's good for America is good for Ford". They have basically ignored the wants and needs of the car buying public, with the exception of the new Mustang of course. They have offended many Americans by sponsoring alternative lifestyle issues and putting money into those efforts. Don't get me wrong, I want Ford to succeed but they are shooting theirselves in the foot and what they are experiencing is self induced. I hope they can turn it around. It's really sad when a foreign car company takes a higher position in sales over a long established and iconic domestic car company. Just my 2 cents.

Do you really think there are that many people making their car-buying decision, not to purchase a Ford, based on the fact that Ford sponsors "alternative lifestyle issues"?

joedls

I disagree. I find that most people purchase their cars based on other factors such as style, quality, performance, price, etc... My opinion is that most people don't back up their beliefs with their dollars. Just my opinion.

Mosesatm

joedls said:
I disagree. I find that most people purchase their cars based on other factors such as style, quality, performance, price, etc... My opinion is that most people don't back up their beliefs with their dollars. Just my opinion.
The tiny minority that boycott Ford because of their open-mindedness probably don't even make a microsopic blip on the financials.

Why would anyone not buy a car based on such things? I am always amazed at the ignorant hatred people in this country feel for each other. Blacks vs whites vs mexicans vs muslims vs homosexuals vs reactionary conservatives vs radical liberals. Who has time for such nonsense?

It's a whole lot easier and more fun to just learn to get along.

Last edited:

joedls

Mosesatm said:
The tiny minority that boycott Ford because of their open-mindedness probably don't even make a microsopic blip on the financials.

Why would anyone not buy a car based on such things. I am always amazed at the ignorant hatred people in this country feel for each other. Blacks vs whites vs mexicans vs muslims vs homosexuals vs reactionary conservatives vs radical liberals. Who has time for such nonsense?

It's a whole lot easier and more fun to just learn to get along.

Amen, brother!!

CALIF GIRL

Ford is not the only auto maker that supports "alternative lifestyle issues"

Daimler Chrysler Corp
General Motors
and
Volkswagen of America

are all listed in HRC's (Human Rights Campaign, which is America’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality) Best places to work for gay,lesbian,bisexual and transgender equality 2007.
link for the list http://www.hrc.org/placestowork/

Subaru advertises heavily in the gay community as does GM
Here is a link to a GM ad http://www2.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/portrayals.html?record=2635

here is a Mercedes Benz ad link http://www2.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/portrayals.html?record=2498

Ford just happens to be the company the American Family Assocation has chosen to put in the limelight by boycotting.

Perkchiro

Yes, I am too amazed and disappointed at the many ignorant, permissive and amoral corporate attitudes as well as individual personal attitudes that support aberrant behavior and immoral lifestyles. Again, just my opinion.

joedls

Perkchiro said:
Yes, I am too amazed and disappointed at the many ignorant, permissive and amoral corporate attitudes as well as individual personal attitudes that support aberrant behavior and immoral lifestyles. Again, just my opinion.

And I'm sure many are disappointed in your seemingly driven need to proselytize every chance you get.

Perkchiro

And yet again, you are judging me as a proselytizer. I guess there's no room for diversity of thought here, but it's okay for moral and behavior diversity to exist and even abound in our culture. Again, I do not appreciate being accused of something I am not. Let's not start the trash talk again. I have a right to voice my opinion, and if you are disappointed let it be so, but please don't resort to demeaning talk. I ask that to elevate yourself and provide respect as I try to provide that to you. How 'bout it Joe?

joedls

Perkchiro said:
And yet again, you are judging me as a proselytizer. I guess there's no room for diversity of thought here, but it's okay for moral and behavior diversity to exist and even abound in our culture. Again, I do not appreciate being accused of something I am not. Let's not start the trash talk again. I have a right to voice my opinion, and if you are disappointed let it be so, but please don't resort to demeaning talk. I ask that to elevate yourself and provide respect as I try to provide that to you. How 'bout it Joe?

I don't understand (maybe I'm not as bright as you are) how my statement qualifies as "trash talk" or "demeaning talk". I used the word proselytize to mean that you were espousing "your" doctrine. Were you not doing that?

And just to be clear (I don't want anyone accusing me of sitting on the fence here) your doctrine is not shared by me. In my opinion, it is a doctrine of divisiveness and hatred stemming from ignorance. Again, just my opinion.

Perkchiro

I spoke of no doctrine, only my opinion and I made that clear. You are parsing words. I didn't say you were trash talking. I asked that we not begin that again as we apparently are now. I respect that you don't agree with something I wrote, but I'm not sure what that is, except that you don't agree that Ford is losing sales because of their support of diverse lifestyles. Understood. Again, I'm not proselytizing anyone and I'm not exposing any doctrine but my own opinion. Allow me that please and let me be. Thank you.

joedls

Perkchiro said:
I didn't say you were trash talking. I asked that we not begin that again
I stand corrected. I misunderstood what you wrote.

Perkchiro said:
I respect that you don't agree with something I wrote, but I'm not sure what that is, except that you don't agree that Ford is losing sales because of their support of diverse lifestyles.

I disagree with your characterization of "alternative lifestyles" as abberant and immoral.

Perkchiro said:
Again, I'm not proselytizing anyone and I'm not exposing any doctrine but my own opinion.

I don't know what you meant when you wrote that you were "...not exposing any doctrine...". I wrote that you were espousing "your" doctrine. I used the following definition when using the word "doctrine"...

a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government

Are you saying that the following statement is not an example of you espousing doctrine?

"...I am too amazed and disappointed at the many ignorant, permissive and amoral corporate attitudes as well as individual personal attitudes that support aberrant behavior and immoral lifestyles..."

Give me a break. You have every right to spew this hatred, but I also have every right to call you out on it when you do.

CALIF GIRL

Perkchiro said:

from Websters:
aberrant : straying from the right or normal way
immoral
:not moral; broadly : conflicting with generally or traditionally held moral principles
moral
: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior

Who gets to choose what "normal" or "right" is?

Since America is a melting pot of cultures, religions and beliefs, I find it amazing that so many people feel their ways, beliefs and lifestyles are the only ways that matter, are the only ways that are right and the only way that is moral.

As far as coporate attitudes--- ads go where the money is .

This year's report pegs the 2006 buying power of gays and lesbians at $660 billion, an amount that will increase significantly as the gay and lesbian population, estimated at 15.3 million, grows to a projected 16.3 million in 2011.

Mosesatm

Perkchiro said:

Come on Perky that is just rude, but if you want to keep alienating people and spewing hatred I guess you have that right. That's what is so great about this country; we all have the right to express our opinions.

I do have 3 questions for you though.

1. Why do you hate homosexuals so much? And don't try to dance around the issue like you usually do; blaming the liberal media, or terrorists, with semantics, or changing the subject. It's obvious you are a major homophobe.

2. We know you hate gays and I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you hate muslims. What other groups do not fit into your 1930s Germany image of the perfect race?

3. How is it that you can decide when behavior is aberrant and lifestyles are immoral? You didn't say these were things that you felt you implied that they are things that are fact.

Why not trying to get along with people who are different than you instead of hating them or being afraid of them or looking down your nose at them. You might find out that they are great people.

Now before you accuse me of reading too much into your writing, or twisting your words, (SOP) I just want to say that you may not have any of the tendencies I noted above and I may have no idea what I'm talking about. If that is the case I want to apologize in advance for mis-understanding your posts.