• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Correct Carb for 67 HCS 200cid

gbaker5

I have a all original 67 HCS (supposedly). I just pulled and had the carb rebuilt. I expected an Autolite 1100. It looks like a Autolite 1100 carb with a "Spark Control Valve". or at least the pictures I have seen of them. When I had it off and was looking it over I noticed it has the Ford oval with Ford in the center on the top half of the fuel assembly. There is no part number on it any where or the words Autolite. Can anyone with a HCS 200 tell me what they have on theirs? Did ford make carbs for the HCS? Just a bit confused on what I have and is it correct?

Mosesatm

You may want to shoot Ruppstang a note. He is the HCS expert and registrar.

Ruppstang

I have a all original 67 HCS (supposedly). I just pulled and had the carb rebuilt. I expected an Autolite 1100. It looks like a Autolite 1100 carb with a "Spark Control Valve". or at least the pictures I have seen of them. When I had it off and was looking it over I noticed it has the Ford oval with Ford in the center on the top half of the fuel assembly. There is no part number on it any where or the words Autolite. Can anyone with a HCS 200 tell me what they have on theirs? Did ford make carbs for the HCS? Just a bit confused on what I have and is it correct?
Can we see some pictures? I think what you have is a latter version. Your car should have a plain Autolite 1100.

OP
OP
G

gbaker5

Here are some pics. The ford emblem is on the choke side.
20240327_204108.jpg
20240327_204524.jpg

weasel_atty

That is a pre-1968 1100, since it has a spark control valve. Any numbers on the base?

They were marked Ford for a time. Go on ebay and look through the photos of various old 1100's. You will find the Ford oval mark on any number of them.

Last edited: