• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'05 HCS-GT/CS

66 Dearborn HCS

http://www.mustangfx.com/tribute.html

Go here for an idea of what I mean re: "Shelby Tribute" Mustangs. These cars would NOT be factory HCS-Cal Specials. They would be aftermarket kits that would be serial numbered limited editions. These cars could be registered through the original registries for the original cars. It seems that the dealerships can't or won't support this idea, so why couldn't we do it ourselves?

68sunlitgold

Dearborn,
I voted yes but it would be nice to get one in 08 too on the 40th anniversary.
Doug

hookedtrout

Still waiting for someone to give me my new 05 that was referred to. Then I will get serious about a kit or not. Sell my CS for an 05...NOT.

In all seriousness I really don't think you can put serious thought into the question without actually having the 05. If you were asking about a kit for the CS or HCS I bet you would get a ton of response because pretty much everyone has one or the other so they can seriously look at how it would affect them.

Hook

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=846;start=0#msg4908 date=1082754732]
Sell my CS for an 05...NOT.

If you were asking about a kit for the CS or HCS I bet you would get a ton of response because pretty much everyone has one or the other so they can seriously look at how it would affect them.

Hook

[/quote]
The original question was trying to see if there would be interest in a kit to make an Cal Spec/HCS "tribute" edition based on the new '05. Is there enough interest to make it feasible? I didn't imply that anyone should give up their '68 GT/CS, not sure where you got that. I had posted a few pics of what an HCS could look like, though they were deleted when the server went down awhile back. I'm not quite sure WHAT you're talking about regarding a kit FOR the HCS or GT/CS. Why would anybody want to do an HCS or GT/CS kit on a car that's ALREADY a special? Unless you meant a kit to turn a '66-'68 non special into a special. I would never do that.

hookedtrout

Didn't mean to give the impression you had implied we should sell our GT/CS to get an 05. Sorry, you didn't imply that at all I was just saying in a nut shell that I don't have an 05 and don't see having one unless I sell the GT/CS or something to fund one and I don't plan on doing that.

My point is that we can't really answer the question and give you a valid response without actually possessing and 05 Mustang. We could all say ya that would be cool and you could run down and invest a whole bunch of money in getting a kit put together and then find out that about 1% of those responding will actually become an 05 Mustang owner and there you sit with money invested in something that you can't sell, at least not based on the info from the survey here.

A better question would be how many people actually plan on seriously buying an 05 Mustang. I'd love to have one but I currently own way more vehicles than I need or should so I highly doubt you'll see one in my drive anytime soon, therefore I don't want to respond to the survey and give you misleading information, especially if you may invest based on my information.

Just trying to help not hinder.

Now on the other hand if someone wants to donate me an 05 Mustang I will certainly come back and respond with a very valid answer to the question.

Hook