• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

WTB - GT/CS - show condition

OP
OP
S
Thank you very much for the interest in this topic. I´m fully aware that prices vary from low to very high and that you most often, will get what you pay for.

My budget should be enough to find me a good car. Still undecided if I will buy a nice well restored driver or a show car. I´ll know it when I see it!

Thank you
Anders

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Shooting ourselves in the foot or not, I`m sure if Jason was buying the same car he`s offering to sell for $70,000, would only be offering half that much, if that. I think we should all stay realistic here.

390cs68rcode

Mustanglvr said:
Shooting ourselves in the foot or not, I`m sure if Jason was buying the same car he`s offering to sell for $70,000, would only be offering half that much, if that. I think we should all stay realistic here.

DO NOT TALK FOR WHAT I WOULD PAY OR OFFER FOR A CAR.

Only talk for yourself.

Mustanglvr

Then try not to publicly rip people off. Maybe you should have sent a PM to Anders instead of posting your sale price here. I thought it was ridiculous and let you know it.
I have a half-assed 6 cylinder GT/CS with a 289 4 speed I`ll sell for $40,000.:rofl:

gt bandit

Hey i recently spotted an article which advised a little green 68 coupe could be purchased for around $1m from the Barrett Jackson folk.

I have never seen a Fastback for that kind of money , nor will there be i reckon.

Fastback Fastback Fastback ---------- I'm over em !! there just to common!

oh the the green coupe i speak about has the EXP-500 side stripe.

Mosesatm

Rhonda, I don't think Jason's price is too far out of line. It may seem high at first but he has a low-miles, mostly-original, big block car, in great condition. I'll bet it would be difficult enough just finding a car like his and nearly impossible to find an owner that would sell it for any price. It's all just supply and demand.
390cs68rcode said:
Rhonda

I take great offense to you implying I am trying to rip someone off.

You just don't get it.

somethingspecial

The way I see it, There are cars out there that might be "Pristine" and owned by a little old lady who doesn't know what it is worth. It is the buyers integrity which will determine if they want to "Rip" her off. On the other end, there are cars out there that are nothing special, but it may be the car of someones dreams, and the buyer will pay any asking price. Barrett-Jackson is a prime example of these folks.
I sold my dream car 15 years ago for $1750.00, and bitched about it since then. I was glad to pay almost 10 times that to get it back, and dump another 10K to get it to where it is today. Someone could offer me 2 Million for it today, and it will be a no sale.
Jason paid what he felt the car was worth, and is in his right to ask what he feels he can part with it for. It is up to the buyer to pay it. I know some people have more money than brains, but anyone willing to pay that price for a car has usually done their research, and has come to the conclusion that is what they are willing to pay. NO RIP OFF THERE!!!
With that said, Please take any other bantering off the thread. PM each other and duke it out. Please, NOT HERE. Mike

Mustanglvr

I`m glad you are all arguing with me on this because we are setting the standards for these cars. It is about time.:grin:

RedGTvert

390cs68rcode said:
I bought my 68.5 CJ fastback a year ago for $56,500. Not all 68 CJ's are 90k but I will say that I got mine at a fairly good price. I would take $90,000 for it today if offered.

That was the going price 12-16 months ago. You got in before the big rush. The market price changed dramatically with the Jan BJ auction with that $500K 68.5. I had sold my 70 Mach at BJ Palm Beach this past year and right away tried to buy a 68.5 up in PA that was for sale for the longest time at $55K, promptly went off the market after BJ, with the buyer saying he would not sell for anything less than $125K.

You did good on that car.

John McGilvary

I don't think 70K is out of line Jason. 30 years ago I was offered $1500, and I said no thanks (needed the money real bad). 20 years ago I was offered $1000, and they would haul off the old CS for free. 10 years ago I was offered $5000 for that old CS I was driving around every week or so in the summer. 5 years ago I was offered 20K by 2 guys in a real nice looking Shelby, and I said no thanks. Just over a year ago I was offered a little more than you are asking for your CS, and again I said no thanks. So there is no doubt in my mind that the value of our California Specials are going up, and you or anyone else who wants to sell thier CS know what they are worth. The reason we are seeing more and more fakes that are not listed as clone is because the value of the CS is increasing. ( Didn't mean to get so far off topic, hope you find a nice CS in your price range) John

Midnight Special

John McGilvary said:
I don't think 70K is out of line Jason. 30 years ago I was offered $1500, and I said no thanks (needed the money real bad). 20 years ago I was offered $1000, and they would haul off the old CS for free. 10 years ago I was offered $5000 for that old CS I was driving around every week or so in the summer. 5 years ago I was offered 20K by 2 guys in a real nice looking Shelby, and I said no thanks. Just over a year ago I was offered a little more than you are asking for your CS, and again I said no thanks. So there is no doubt in my mind that the value of our California Specials are going up, and you or anyone else who wants to sell thier CS know what they are worth. The reason we are seeing more and more fakes that are not listed as clone is because the value of the CS is increasing. ( Didn't mean to get so far off topic, hope you find a nice CS in your price range) John

I paid on the higher end (asking price) for each car I bought last year mostly due to good communication/ verification with those particular sellers in addition to the cars themselves. I know that in the long run, they will only go up... But "a long run" it will be I'm finding out! My kids and close friends have steadfastly refused to permit me to sell any of them for any purpose (investment or otherwise) as they have become part of their identity and family!

So goes the "true value" of having the car that looks like a Shelby, but is practical as well as attention-getting to drive around :)

OP
OP
S
Looks like I found me a GT/CS. It´s a J-code Aqua car in nice condition. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• hfront01.jpg
    hfront01.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

68gt390

Looks like a very nice CS. Good luck with your purchase. Be sure to register it and setup a gallery once the purchase is done. I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it.

Don :cool:

Perkchiro

Stroked94Canary: Looks like a good find. Have fun with it and as Don suggested, be sure to post some pictures in the gallery of the interior and engine compartment along with other details you might want to share.

Mustanglvr

Congratulations Anders! She`s a beauty! Please post the Marti report and more pics when you can. :)

OP
OP
S
Thanks. I´ve only seen photos of the car, but I feel that the seller has been very helpful in describing the car with additional pictures, so I´m as confortable as I probably can be when dealing over the internet & phone like I have to from here.

Right now, I´m trying to get all the shipping arrangements worked out. When everything is ready, I´ll try and get better pictures of the Marti Report and details of the car.

Thanks
Anders

Mustanglvr

Anders, let us know where it is and maybe one of our members in the same area can look it over for you.