• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Where to find 4 spd clutch release hub?

dpheyes

While reassembling my CS after a complete tear-down, I have found that the 4 speed clutch relase bearing hub has a large groove worn into it. This is the 4 bolt hub that the release bearing slides on.

Anyone know where to get one? I have googled 'til my fingers are numb, and no joy!

Any help is appreciated!

Doug

robert campbell

Bill Erickison. (253) 938-0324. Lives in West Seattle. Kinda an odd guy, but he has everything for any top loader. Or T-10 or Muncie!! Trust me. Mention my name, but he may not remember. Just got an input shaft for my top loader a few months back from him. He specializes in muscle car 4 speeds.

If he does not ship, Amy or I may be able to help!

Rob

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Thanks Rob, but that number "is an invalid number". I'm trying to look his number up on line, but haven't found him yet.

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Rob,

I was able to get one easily once I figured out that the paart is called a "front bearing retainer" instead of a " clutch release bearing hub". Only $30 for a new one. Thanks for the lead anyway, I'll save the name and number just in case.

Doug