• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Where is DSO 86?

Mosesatm

This is from a Craigslist ad. It says to look up DSO 86, so I did, but I can't find anything.

The real deal here. This is a 1968 J-series (4bbl carburetor, dual exhaust) with the BorgWarner, 4-speed, manual transmission. The third factory upgrade is the interior. It came with the center console, bucket seats, armrests etc. This was the sporty production model.
The $5k aftermarket upgrade is the suspension. The front end is a GlobalWest upgrade and absolutely towers over the stock handling. I'll give you more info upon request.

What makes this car really a collector's item is it has a DSO of 86; look it up. I've owned it since 1978. The condition is thus: this is a great car. Everything works and the engine has less than 8k miles while the suspension is awesome and above stock. It does need a paint job. Perfect to make it yours.....and just in time for Christmas!

I also like the description of the factory upgraded interior with the buckets seats and armrests.

stangfan

I see DSO 85 and 87, but no 86. Is it possible that the seller misread the DSO? There is a B6 which is Western Canada. The B could be mistaken for an 8 perhaps.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I see DSO 85 and 87, but no 86. Is it possible that the seller misread the DSO? There is a B6 which is Western Canada. The B could be mistaken for an 8 perhaps.

I'll bet that's what it is.