• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What Would You Buy as a Daily Driver?

Mosesatm

I'm thinking about getting rid of my truck and buying a car but the price of new cars is absotively stupid, so I'm looking at used cars. I haven't started looking or reading anything yet but a couple cars I like the look of are the Lexus IS 350 and the Pontiac GTO.

I'm not a horsepower freak so a serious tire-burner is not a requirement, but I certainly won't reject a car because it has too much power! Winter performance is not a consideration either (Houston). Just looking for quality, style, & fun-to-drive.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good used car in the 2006-2009 era for around $20K, or less?

Thanks

franklinair

I never thought I'd say it - BUT - My brother, and my granddaughter both drive Hyundai Sonata sedans. They swear by them. My grandaughter bought an '07, 20K miles on it for $14K, and its a creampuff with good MPG.

Neil

Ruppstang

We have looking at Ford Fusion Sport. Great handling, MPGs and dependable winter driving too. On the down side cost about as much as Mustang GT. Marty

CougarCJ

I used to work with a guy that had a GTO, his was plenty fast with the 6 speed, but short on looks if you ask me. Seems to me that these are tough to find.

Just so that you know, the Lexus cars use premium fuel, and the IS is not that fuel efficient.

What about a 2005-2008 Mustang GT?

My daily driver is a 2005 GMC 1500, I used to have a 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 with 6 speed, quick car but I liked my pickup better.
Very soon I will be using my 1968 Cougar with 302 and 5 speed for daily use, too.

CougarCJ

We have looking at Ford Fusion Sport. Great handling, MPGs and dependable winter driving too. On the down side cost about as much as Mustang GT. Marty

Marty, you make a good point.

Many of the auto manufacturers have brought to market cool appearing cars but .... the price.
When GM brought out that SSR sporty pickup, it stickered right about the same as a new Corvette.

Ford reintroduced the SHO Taurus, too bad it costs more than a Lexus ES. Hmm, wonder which one will have the better resale value?

rvrtrash

I agree with the Mustang GT. I bought my '07 Shelby GT with 13K miles last fall for $22K, as a daily driver and it's a blast plus will get 30 mpg if I put it on cruise at 60 (did it once, don't feel the need to do it again). I see regular GT's in the $16K-$18K range all the time.

Steve

Attachments

• SDC16857.JPG
    SDC16857.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 17

Doug

I agree with the Mustang GT. I bought my '07 Shelby GT with 13K miles last fall for $22K, as a daily driver and it's a blast plus will get 30 mpg if I put it on cruise at 60 (did it once, don't feel the need to do it again). I see regular GT's in the $16K-$18K range all the time.

Steve

I would rather be driving a 66 Shelby - but the 2007 Shelby GT is also a great choice. A great car for the money and you get that WOW factor as well. IMHO -Doug