• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What Do You Do????

HappyHour

Sorry been out of the loop....great reading through everyone's bio and background!!

My job is Software Release Managment for Charles Schwab in San Francisco big words for managing software for all desktops and integrating the apps so they dont break when you use em. Lately just getting back into Mustangs and love the pictures, history, and information that this forum possesses.

Havent flown plans or F-4 or B-52 but I did some consulting at Sikorski Heli in Conn....which was cool cuz you walk though the assembly of the huge CH-53E Super Stallion floor to get to the offices. :wink:

Im always flying down to SoCal to play with CS and my sisters kids (in that order) and get homecooking from the parents which is why im so inbetween. :grin:

Otherwise spend alot of time with SF dance\music\art\philanthropy community (which includes Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation). Working with friends on Burning Man sculptures (not goin this year) currently down at San Jose childrens Museum too which is cool!! Welding is pretty dope..

Great to hear from everyone!!
PS....and yes and I love happyhour...its always happyhour somewhere..no?

GT/CS S Code

Our story ....

Well, I have been working in the sporting goods retail trade for the past 32 years now, and I'm currently the manager of the Hunt Shop for Island Outfitters Ltd., the only full time gun shop located in Victoria, B.C., Canada.
I've been shooting and hunting all of my life, and started out with black powder muzzle loaders, then switched over to competitive handgun shooting and shot IPSC (practical pistol matches) for many years and qualified twice for the Canadian National Team.
Since then, I've shot some Trap shotgun, Skeet shotgun, hunted big game and some upland birds here in B.C. and Alberta with "Jake", my German Shorthaired Pointer bird dog. I also wear the editor's hat for one of my local gun clubs for the past 150 editions of their monthly bulletin.
My wife Laurie is a legal secretary working with the Provincial Crown Counsel's offices at the courthouse in Victoria, and now has 25 years service with the B.C. Provincial government. We met when she wanted to learn to shoot some Skeet shotgun, and about a year later we were married on the grounds of the gun club where we first met, and my best friend's GT/CS "S" code was our wedding car. He was kind enough to sell it to me last Christmas so that we could keep our wedding car "in the family".
A few years ago, due to our shooting interests, we both became involved with a friend's recreated "Wild West Show" and do a bit of trick shooting and frontier theatre performances. "Captain Jack's Wild West Show" is all in good fun, and it gives us both a chance to "unwind" and enjoy spending some time with a few similar minded folks! The "Reverend Al" and the "Temperance Tilly" also shoot a little bit of Cowboy Action Shooting when time allows.
The rest of the time we just keep throwing more and more money at two classic 60's Mustang project cars ......
:wink:
The current "plan" is for both of us to retire in about a year and half, which should leave us a bit more time (and less money) for our hobbies.
... and the "Reverend Al" and the "Temperance Tilly" will ride off into the sunset .... on the bright red "pony express"!

Attachments

• a bucket shot.jpg
    a bucket shot.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 21
  • TT&Al.jpg
    TT&Al.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 19
  • T&Gary.jpg
    T&Gary.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Wild West Performers GS4.jpg
    Wild West Performers GS4.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DocPage6.jpg
    DocPage6.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Alberta 2007 042 resized.jpg
    Alberta 2007 042 resized.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 13

CougarCJ

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Cowboy too.

A few years ago, due to our shooting interests, we both became involved with a friend's recreated "Wild West Show" and do a bit of trick shooting and frontier theatre performances. "Captain Jack's Wild West Show" is all in good fun, and it gives us both a chance to "unwind" and enjoy spending some time with a few similar minded folks! The "Reverend Al" and the "Temperance Tilly" also shoot a little bit of Cowboy Action Shooting when time allows.

That cowboy action shooting is a whole lot of fun. I did it once back in the early 1980's. One of these days I hope to find the time to play cowboys again. I have all of the guns to shoot 'modern'. Although I would like to pick up a pair of Vaqueros.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I know I have said this before, but what a great thread for folks to get on and read about us. It is amazing how much it has grown. I still take the time to look back and refresh my memory about the folks from this site. Very cool.

Paul

franklinair

My current endeavor: own & operate an FBO (Fixed Base Operator) @ the Franklin, NC airport (Macon County, 1A5). For those of you not aviation orientated, it's basically a service station facility for airplanes - fuel, repairs, parking, etc. A LOT of fun after 25 years with Eastern Airlines in Miami as a technical troubleshooter.

Neil (fix'em) Hoppe

U D-SIDE

Electrical Contractor in Raleigh, NC. In business since 1994...Started in the electrical field right out of tech. school in 1984.

Red '65 Mustang was my first car... in 1980
When the '05s came out...I told my wife I just might have to have one.....Now I want an old one to match.

Johnny B.

ponyboy

I am an aircraft mechanic and have been working for Southwest Airlines for the last 13 years. I am one of the fortunate ones in the aviation field working for a great company who treats its customers and employees great. I've been turning a wrench since my New York Helicopter days in 1988 when i owned my first mustang... a 1968 mustang coupe. Rich

Stacey Enderle

Yes, I have a pic. This is my dog Sophie (right) and her baby Pooh Bear.:grin:

Cute little ankle biters!!! I got five little weener dogs, but these little guys are about as mellow and funny as they can get.

Tucker the senior of the pack (black and short haired)
skippy, the oldest son (black and long haired)
Einstein the smart and quiet one (dapple long haired) he never barks and whines to make his gestures.
Mylo the mischeivous little clown and biggest suck up
and (black and long haired)
Twinkie the only female of the group. Just as much as a suck up as Mylo. (black and short haired)

Four cats
Powdy the fat one
Nyan-nyan the skinny mellow one
Maggie the chatty one
and last one is
Max the face monster who loves to snuzzle up to your face and tickle you with his whiskers.

That's my petting zoo.

Stace

Stacey Enderle

My two cents worth....

I work 3 jobs, not an easy task. Putting my girls through high school and collage. 1st job I work at a wire harness factory my main job, 2nd job part time document detailing, meaning we scan and digitize documents for various companies, county courthouses, etc. and put it all on CD's and my top favorite working 4 hours a week at the city's recycling center, where I get the meet and chat with the towns folks and the sake of keeping as much recyclables out of the land fill. I'm in the works of starting up a business to sell components to convert gasoline cars and trucks into hydrogen on demand hybrids. I'm in the process of putting the kit together for my Geo Storm as a promo for my business as a demo making it Fargo/Moorehead's new mean green machine on the block. The gas prices are down for now, how much longer can the oil companies stand having the prices down. It's a waiting game. In the meantime, it'll give me time to work out the bugs if any on my Geo. Wish me luck folks!!!

Stace

73pony

Retired. I worked with Rite Aid Pharmacy as a Regional Security Manager (Manhattan NY). Interests now President of the Garden State Region Mustang Club, baby sitting my twin grand children. Working on my 73 modified coupe and my 07 GT/CS convertible

tomcwarren

Great thread - don't know how I missed it for all these months!

I'm a software engineer here in Ahwatukee (Phoenix suburb - 'largest cul-de-sac in the world!'), working on system BIOS/firmware (I write the code that goes in the chip on your computer's motherboard that fetches the data from the disk and throws it into memory to boot your OS, etc.). Been doing it for 25 years in one capacity or another (data acquisition for aerospace ring-laser gyros in SoCal in the 80's, then burn-in diags for Tandon (one of the personal computer pioneers), then moved to AZ to do video BIOS, system BIOS, etc. in the early 90's).

Married for 22 years (on the 30th) - Karen gave up an HR career to stay home and raise the kids (1 boy getting his MS in Marine Biology in Hawaii while working at a dive shop in Honolulu, 2 girls in 2 rival colleges (ASU vs. UofA)), _and_ she runs the house and chases after the 3 dogs (German Shepherd/Chow mix ($20 dog!), pedigreed German Shepherd (hundreds of dollars, but we saved her from a mall pet store), and a new, 4-month old Belgian Malinois puppy). I'm fortunate in that I work from home (converted the oldest boy's bedroom into my office when he moved out!), and can take the Mustang out every day if I wish (although the heat's a bit much right now in Phoenix, even w/AC).

Interesting to see how many military (past and present) and technical people this car (and site) attracts! Great people, great stories.

Tom

CobraMan

Own a Telecommunications company for the past 23 years manufacturing Ip phone systems.
Started XLVelocity 3 years ago manufacturing 69 Shelby "Restomods" on NASCAR Frames, Carbon Fiber Panels using same composites as the F-16, F-35 and Drones. NASCAR Driver as a business partner who races for Yates Racing. Engines I utilize are either Yates Racing or Roush Racing.

My 68 CS is bone stock.