• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted - 68 High Country Special

lunker

Please let me know if/when/where a 68 HCS might be available. I sold a couple of my other cars and am looking to fill that void in the shop. I am located in Colorado so the HCS is of particular interest. Bob, put me on the list if you run onto something. Thanks, Doug.

BroadwayBlue

Please let me know if/when/where a 68 HCS might be available. I sold a couple of my other cars and am looking to fill that void in the shop. I am located in Colorado so the HCS is of particular interest. Bob, put me on the list if you run onto something. Thanks, Doug.

Good Luck on your search Doug.

Nice collection of cars there!!! WOW! :eek:

hicountrybob

You're on the list, Doug or have your folks drive down to Poway, Ca. to see Ernie Gonzales ie. he has 7 CAL Sps, 2 HCS, and 1 '68 coupe for sale. ALL OR NONE for the works and he's dropped his price to $65,000. Bob T. here.

case12

You're on the list, Doug or have your folks drive down to Poway, Ca. to see Ernie Gonzales ie. he has 7 CAL Sps, 2 HCS, and 1 '68 coupe for sale. ALL OR NONE for the works and he's dropped his price to $65,000. Bob T. here.

He is selling 10 cars for $65,000? Casey

OP
OP
L

lunker

Bob, what do you know about Mr. Gonzales collection? Project cars? Does he have a website or contact information? Mostly just curious, I value my marriage too much to be dragging 10 cars home!

rdysart

cars

I would be interested in one of the cal specials or a HCS. Maybe we could get a group together and buy all 10 cars between us. Just a thought. It would be nice to view them if at all possible. What do you think. I can't use them all. I have Cal Specials and a 68 HCS and a 66HCS.......One more wouldn't hurt, 10 more and my wife would kill me. LOL.........What do you think. Have a great weekend, Rick in Virginia.

case12

Though I doubt we could pull a group buy - if we could, then....

If we are going 1/10th each, or approximate, I would throw my hat into the ring for another CS if it is in reasonable shape. Casey

case12

I am serious - I would take 1 HCS or CS if there is enough people in a group to buy the whole lot for the others. I am ready for a new project (I keep re-doing, or even over-doing, things on my current CS). My projects have to start in reasonable shape - I dont have the skills of Paul and Zach. But engine size does not matter to me - I will be happy with a C or T code. I would like a manual, since I already have a auto. Any color will be ok. Maybe Bob knows more about what shape the cars are in, and what he has. Casey

rdysart

gt/cs, hcs cars

Hopefully we can get some info and pictures of the cars. We might just be able to get enough people together to get serious about this. Rick

classicsguy

Though I doubt we could pull a group buy - if we could, then....

If we are going 1/10th each, or approximate, I would throw my hat into the ring for another CS if it is in reasonable shape. Casey

I would be interested in a project GT/CS ...count me in

Doug

Assuming that the cars are somewhat okay condition and something that I want I’d be interested in participating in buying one of these cars.

@Holmes

Holly Cr-p Batman!! BOB please give Casey more info or PM me with phone number!!! I would want a 302 4spd CS (like everybody else) 2nd choice would be a bg block car 3rd choice would be delux interior. There is six already - 11 each I'm in!

BroadwayBlue

My recollection from a conversation I had with Bob a number of months ago I think they all were in need of restorations or "more". But let's see what he says or what people find out - I'm not sure.

I didn't win Mega Millions ... no one did actually ... 200+ million next week.
Don't count me out of the group buy though, if the timing is right and the stars align you never know.