• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Visited my car today

luisa2552

For those who didn't see my earlier post, my car is in the shop for paint and interior resto. They have most of the chrome off, most they say is in good enough condition to re-chrome. The CS csript he recommends getting new (but keeping original) What do you guys think of the re-chroming or would you replace?
The right rear quarter and a 4" crease he's looking at to see what will be involved.
I was worrid they guy wouldn't be as careful as he should with taking the car apart, but he's done 2 other CS. He's also working on a 67 Shelby. I told him to get a pic of the 2 cars together and I could pretend the Shelby is mine too! ;) He mentioned the deck lid not meeting up right. I remember seeing a thread on this subject. My feeling is to leave it the way it is, kind of one of the marks of a true CS, what do you think? He also feels it should stay the way it is.
I mentioned to him the discussion here about stripes/interior color and my thoughts of putting a white interior in it. He suggested if I wanted to change things up to put white inserts in the black seats. I don't know, I'll have to give it more thought. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the process continues.
Sara

rvrtrash

I'm kind of a fan of having the original stuff rechromed, even though it's often cheaper to buy repop's. I just like being able to say it's the original bumper, etc. We have a guy in Spokane, Wa. (about 40 miles from me) that sends stuff to Alberta, Canada to be rechromed for a lot less than it costs here. I'm going to be giving him some of my stuff to rechrome over the winter and if you want to send some small items up here, I'll include it in mine. Which reminds me- Paul, are the hood pins chrome plated or something else? Mine have a dull, flat look to them and don't look like they were chromed originally. I don't want them to sparkle if they didn't to start with. What's the story?
Steve

6t8-390gt

Sara,
If the chrome trim is good enough to re-chrome I would do that...nothing fits like original Ford parts!! Do yourself a favor and research chrome plating shops. It seems like the Harley-Davidson folks always know of good shops (at least here on the East Coast). The quality of chrome work is very diverse, to say the least.

Personally, I like original regarding paint/interior.

Good Luck