• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ultimate Shelby Lic. Plate Frame

P

PNewitt

I found this in my photos while working on the book. It was taken in 1986 in Sacramento, on the back of a '67 Mustang Convertible.

No, the owner wouldn't sell it to me for my CS, but I took a picture anyway (the plate # has been photoshopped out).

Shelby people will pay dearly for one of these. You see, Carroll Shelby really did have a Ford dealership up at South Lake Tahoe (on the Calif. side) in 1968. Goggle: "Shelby History", and the whole story is right there. He also had a motel there, too.

Now dontcha all bug Casey into makin' these! :) I just wanted to pass this on. If anyone "were" to duplicate this frame I would strongly suggest that:
1. That it be a perfect repro, right down to the lettering.
2. The money from selling these should go to the Shelby Heart Fund.

Imagine owning a GT/CS originally bought from "SHELBY FORD"!

Paul N.

Attachments

• shelbyford.jpg
    shelbyford.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 33

gt bandit

Looks FANTASTIC ------- But I wouldn't get one , it just wouldn't be right.

specially since I am a Marv Tonkin Ford in Portland, Oregon FAN.

Now i would be very interested in one of those !

rvrtrash

gt bandit said:
Looks FANTASTIC ------- But I wouldn't get one , it just wouldn't be right.

specially since I am a Marv Tonkin Ford in Portland, Oregon FAN.

Now i would be very interested in one of those !

5 more weeks and I'll be at the swap meet in Portland. I haven't forgotten you man!
Steve

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Maybe someone should set up a website to locate, trade and sell/buy old "lost" dealer plate frames (and those potmetal dealer plates you see on trunklids)...

like: www.dealerplateframes.com ??

Looks like a market for this...

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

PNewitt said:
Maybe someone should set up a website to locate, trade and sell/buy old "lost" dealer plate frames (and those potmetal dealer plates you see on trunklids)...

like: www.dealerplateframes.com ??

Looks like a market for this...

Paul N.

This guy has quite a selection. I searched for Ford in his store to get this listing.
Maybe someone from here will get lucky. There's a few West Coast dealers

http://tinyurl.com/s4q42

rvrtrash

gt bandit said:
Thanks a Lot , do you Know if the dealer still exists ?

I don't think it does because I remember when we were talking about it a few months ago, I was going to have to go "yarding" to try and find one. (Yarding is a Yankee term for spending hours wandering through an automotive bone yard looking at mangled steel hoping to find a $5.00 treasure that will make you feel like you just hit the lottery.)
Steve

gt bandit

rvrtrash said:
I don't think it does because I remember when we were talking about it a few months ago, I was going to have to go "yarding" to try and find one. (Yarding is a Yankee term for spending hours wandering through an automotive bone yard looking at mangled steel hoping to find a $5.00 treasure that will make you feel like you just hit the lottery.)
Steve

Steve - I only wish i could go yarding , seriously we have really nice beaches and ladies. But the car scene really does not compare with the US.

Oh well you never Know, if they will give Heath Ledger a Green card then anyone has a chance.

shaun

rvrtrash

Well I'll make a sacrifice just for you. If you come here I'll take you yarding and if I go there you take me to a nice beach and set me up with a nice lady.:grin: I know, I know, I'm really going way out to help you, but it's the least I can do for one of our members here.:rolleyes:
Steve