• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Trunk liner detailing

GTCS07

The trunk on the new cars opens so wide and is so unfinished looking I decided to change it. After looking at what was available aftermarket I decided to just make my own. I made templates from paper, then cardboard, then I cut the carpeting and glued it in place. Some flexible chrome trim finished it off. I also added billet covers to the shock struts and chrome covers over the bolt heads. While I was at it I added trim around the front grille to mimic the '68 look.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 49
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 40
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 46

hookedtrout

That looks awesome, you can certainly tell your CS is turing into a labor of love. Keep up the great work, attention to the little details like your trunk really add a lot in my opinion.

Cory