• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Transverse muffler

Ricky Knapik

My "S" code needs a new muffler. I'm not concourse, but I like to keep it close. I have the transverse muffler, and was wondering if there is a high-performance version that someone knows about?? I'm even considering buying one and just using the housing and straight pipe it through there for the look. Any suggestions? I want it a little louder!

speedy02

@Ricky Knapik do you know what kit @inevill used on your car? I would guess it was not stainless if you are having problems with rust or rot. I would suggest just buying a stainless transverse muffler but unfortunately that will not make it louder. Also, looks like your car will be featured on a youtube video next month.

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

@Ricky Knapik do you know what kit @inevill used on your car? I would guess it was not stainless if you are having problems with rust or rot. I would suggest just buying a stainless transverse muffler but unfortunately that will not make it louder. Also, looks like your car will be featured on a youtube video next month.

Hmmmmm. I can't see the video, but I'm not very computer savey. I have know Idea what Lee put in it. It's all welded 1 piece, and the muffle is rotted out.

Mosesatm

My "S" code needs a new muffler. I'm not concourse, but I like to keep it close. I have the transverse muffler, and was wondering if there is a high-performance version that someone knows about?? I'm even considering buying one and just using the housing and straight pipe it through there for the look. Any suggestions? I want it a little louder!
Ricky,
Does your car have the resonators?

Mosesatm

What about replacing them with glasspacks and installing an open transverse muffler. I have no idea how that will sound.

OP
OP
Ricky Knapik

Ricky Knapik

underbody2 (2).JPG