• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Transmission help!!

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Hey Rob,

Haven't gotten to it yet. Other irons in the fire...and now it's hotter than blazes here in the central valley.

Will give a progress report when the planets align and I can start back on it.

Thanks again for the advice. It is very much appreciated.

-Jeff

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Robert/David, all,

The planets aligned!!! My CS is back on the road. WooHoo!!! Still need to do some minor carb adjustments, but the major stuff is fixed.
Turns out that I had an incorrect torque converter. A call to Summit Racing's tech line, told them what I had for a cam and duration...and they set me straight. I had a 1600-2000rpm stall TC installed. Per Summit's suggestion, I ordered and installed a 3500rpm stall TC. Also, I installed a new deeper tranny pan w/drain plug and also replaced the filter while it was opened up. No chunks of anything in the bottom of the old pan...that was good news.
Thanks again guys for the help.

-Jeff