• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 To Rotisserie or not???

bassman2

I'm at the point where Progress is about to start happening more quickly on my blue CS.

So far I have:
Replaced the battery apron
Replaced the radiator support panel
fixed the drivers floor pan with a very small welded patch
Removed all interior
Carefully removed all of the wiring
wire wheeled the entire inside of the car looking for rust
Removed all heater parts and vents.
Rear end parts and tail is disassembled.

IMG_1009.jpg

I'm getting ready to remove the hood, doors, deck lid, chrome and glass. Then I'm dropping the gas tank and redoing the fuel lines. I also need to do a full suspension and steering replacement. (need ideas on kits for this too)

So my big debate is - Should I do a full blown rotisserie? How difficult is it to completely disassemble? What won't I be able to "make right" if I don't do it?

And should I pull the engine?

The engine was gone through in 2000 and completely built. It still runs strong. But to really clean things up and detail it... I kinda feel like this is a no brainer if I want a show car clean engine compartment.
What do you think?

nfrntau

Pulling the engine is not really that much more effort for a project of your scope. Pull the engine and tranny. You'll be glad you did. It's so much easier to get in there to do brake lines (if needed) access all your steering from top and bottom. And you get to detail your engine compartment hang wiring etc.

rvrtrash

You really only NEED to put it on a rotisserie if you have a lot of sheet metal work to do underneath, but if you're going to go as far as you are, strip everything off and take it in and have the whole car bead blasted. It lets you start clean and you can see any other issues that pop up.

Steve

OP
OP
B

bassman2

I plan on soda blasting the car myself - We'll see how big of a mess it will be!

I don't anticipate anything major underneath the car - it looks fairly good. I guess I'll take it all the way down and see if I can stop myself before complete disassembly!

PFSlim

We put ours on a rotissorie when we did our project. We needed to replace floor pans, rockers, rear frame rails, rear quarters. We did our own media work (a lot of mess) then rolled it back in to began the cutting and welding. Sure made it easy by being on the rotissorie.

We got the rotissorie from the guy we bought the stang from. However, it was a pretty easy to make setup that bolted to the front and back.

Paul

Attachments

• vbpgimage.jpg
    vbpgimage.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 38