• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Tire and gear combination

karolscali

There has been lots of threads on tire and gear combination. lots of good input, I recently acquired some mag 500 15 X7 rims, i was running 14x6 with 21560r 14 with stock gears2.79. I found them to low after dropping front end 1 inch. Good off the line, busy on hwy, i put 225 70r 15 on the back and 215 65r 15 in front, Wow it gave me the stance that i was looking for after putting on load leveler shocks in back, since back tires are a tall tire, i changed out the gears to 3.50, and installed shift kit 2500 stall converter, what a different car, lots of power off the line and hwy cruising 2800 rpm at 65 mph. i have a 302 4v headers mild cam, and No tire rub. I just wanted to thank all of this group over the years inputting there findings and results, It helped me out immensly. thx :smile: Roland

limelyt

Wow.....that is almost the exact setup we have on our Calspec 302-4V. The only difference is the 3.20 gears in the back, other than that everything else even the tire are the same. I agree it real has changed the car

Gary