• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 this makes me cry

lenta

The result of a lousy job, somebody didn't know how to fix it the way it should be. You tell me and ... I found more "beautiful" repairs.
The best way to fix this is to replace the tail panel I think but where can I find the right panel. All I can find are different. Branda has the cups but who has the rest. Or is there another way?
Help!

Lenta

Attachments

• rear end HCS.jpg
    rear end HCS.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 102
  • rear end HCS1.jpg
    rear end HCS1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 92

dalorzo_f

The tail panel is just a standard '68. You cut the larger round holes and one bar for the covers. From the view looks like replacing the entire panel will be the best go as sectioning and only replacing part is possible but probably as much work.

The Branda covers are fiberglass, as yours don't look too bad I'd just say media blast and if the corrosion/pitting is bad just use high quality body filler to smooth, then paint and reuse the original metal ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lenta

lenta

We are reusing the original metal cups, they are in good shape.
Now we can see the panel and it is a standard 68 with some work (extra holes) as you say Dalorzo, thanks, it all is much clearer now.

dalorzo_f

And on the upside, you could have started with something like this! So its not that bad...

10 years later, and still not quite done (but close!)

So its all not as bad as it could be! Besides if they all came nice and shiny and perfect we'd miss out on all the "fun" of restoring them!!! :wink:

Last edited: