• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Thinking about adding to the stable...

Midnight Special

Well - I just committed to get the H1 alpha! It is a very nice rig and one of 500. It is viper blue in color and listed on ebay right now. (I found it on another forum).

I'm also still thinking seriously about getting the shelby too! I need to make a call and see if I can't take another close look at the car and drive it!!

I still feel funny though - kinda excited and feeling like I'm wasting $$$$$$!

Here's the info on the ferrari - 1999 355 F1 spyder in tour de france Blue! It's got all the bells and whistles and had all services performed. It's got 20,446 miles. I just don't drive it hardly at all!

...We have on staff here a Dr. Jason "390cs68rcode" who specializes in such dilemmas. Perhaps we should refer you...

Last edited:

case12

I too need to join Mustangs Anonymous - I have the addiction. I just bought the 2007 GT-H Shelby convertible, and the guilt is killing me:embarass:. But it is so awesome to drive (daily driver - snow, salt, rain, sun) :grin:. I agree with Tim that you have to "live with yourself" (and your spouse if married). My problem is space (especially winters). I now have mine lined up inches from each other in the garage during their winter slumber. If the price is right a 68 Shelby would be sweet (oh boy, I would really feel guilty then - in fact, my wife just might give me the boot :eek:). Also, I feel like Tim that they all belong to God anyway - the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord. I think that is the right attitude - we are just stewards of these wonderful Mustang "things". So, a good steward I will be :smile:. Casey

Scott

What is the worst thing you could feel guilt for owning a Shelby gt350?... firstborn son missing out on breakfast because you bought a GT350... if I were your son, I'd happily trade breakfast for a lift to school in a shelby!

Sorry for the sarcasm, it is the lowest form of witt but why do we feel so guilty when the "sensible" thing to do is just so obviously stupid?

PS - Thanks for all the quotes in this post Tim - I don't give you credit very often. This is some of your best!

OP
OP
B

bassman2

Quick update - I've since found several Shelbys - big blocks! But I've focused in on one car in the midwest.

So far it looks like THE CAR - and it's a good price. I'm waiting to hear details about some local Washington cars before I commit. But I am getting excited!

I went ahead and ordered a shelby sign from his foundation - and I'm getting it autographed! So now I'm committed to buying one - at least some time in the near future!!!:icon_ecst

OP
OP
B

bassman2

Here's a couple pictures of the Shelby I'm getting. I can't get it shipped until the owner gets back from Florida on a LONG vacation...Snowbird I'm betting!

Attachments

• P1000012.JPG
    P1000012.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1000005.JPG
    P1000005.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 37
  • P1000015.JPG
    P1000015.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 39

classicsguy

Bassman Nice looking Shelby wow!!!! Acapulco Blue like the GT/CS,will make any garage look good!! Congratulations!! Is the Shelby automatic or stick shift?

OP
OP
B

bassman2

It's an automatic. The car is listed on the SAAC site. Overall, it's the cleanest, most original big block car I could find for under 100k. There is a GT500KR in PA I think, that is around 90k - but it isn't in as good of condition.

I'm thinking that I will eventually sell some other stuff and add a '67. If I can part ways with a couple other toys.